TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the newbee question, but where is a good place around to get some bumpers built? Kinda screwed up my plastic one on the move and want to upgrade. Anyone got a good one just taking up space in the garage?

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
first a couple of questions.
what style do you like, tube or plate, or a combination.
there are several places to get bumbers made and several shops are also TTORA sponsers.
her are some to check out, and I am sure others will chime in with more suggestions.

Demello offroad
CBI
Allpro
Bad lands
thats all I can think of right now, I have owned CBI, Allpro, and Demello stuff before and can vouch for the quality.

just really depends on your taste, Winch mounnt or no winch, what your using it for.
in the end, you have to look at it every day, so shop around.

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
i have had ARB and now have all pro. I like the all pro winch bumper because of the approach angles, the weight and the ease of installing/uninstalling. It is held on by 10 bolts (5 on each side) but can be put on/taken off in less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a fan of the badlands bumper but was wondering if there was anyone around the metroplex that can fab one. I am really trying to avoid the shipping costs associated with it if at all possible. I remember chris k. got his SAS done at a shop but I cannot remember who did it. A winch is a must but will come down the road sometime and so is a sturdy mounting for the bumper to the frame so that I won't have to worry evertime I do winch with it.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Toyasaurus said:
I'm a fan of the badlands bumper but was wondering if there was anyone around the metroplex that can fab one. I am really trying to avoid the shipping costs associated with it if at all possible. I remember chris k. got his SAS done at a shop but I cannot remember who did it. A winch is a must but will come down the road sometime and so is a sturdy mounting for the bumper to the frame so that I won't have to worry evertime I do winch with it.
clayton, the guy that did Chris's SAS and front bumper and roll bar was Justin at Roktek engineering.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
were they happy with the quality and work they had done? I tried google but is there a web page for them?

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Toyasaurus said:
were they happy with the quality and work they had done? I tried google but is there a web page for them?
I know Roktek (or Rocktek?) has a webpage somewhere, but I don't know what it is. Last I saw the webpage, though, all it had was a phone number. Unfortunately, I don't know that, either, but I'm sure Chris K (Valkyrie) or Jacque (Gumbo) has it. Jacque just got his 05 rear bumper done by Justin and Roktek. I saw it in person, and it looks awesome. Really good craftsmanship.

Another good local shop is Baertrax at www.baertrax.com. He does mostly jeep stuff, but he can custom build any kind of bumper, safety cage or whatever for pretty much any make or model. He is highly recommended by the Lone Star Jeep Club for his work.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
I have the ARB front bumper and the main reason I wanted it was to their engineered design to work with airbag'ed trucks like mine. I am sure the custom made bumpers from CBI, Demello, etc, will work fine too with airbaged trucks, but I am sure they have never done any tests (ie. sled tests), with their bumpers, like ARB has done extensively.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Nice Shrockworks bumper there!
BTW, where's your front license plate???

·
Registered
704 Posts
TEJASYOTA said:
Nice Shrockworks bumper there!
BTW, where's your front license plate???
Thanks!

LP was taken off for the pix, so that the fairlead could be put on.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Man, that Shrokworks stuff is killer! I wish they'd hurry up and make 'em for our pre-05's!! Patience is definitely not one of my best qualities ;)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Maybe you can talk the boss man into putting that project at the front of the line :)

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Tell him there are still a whole heck of alot more pre-05 Tacos out there than there are 05+ Tacos and FJs combined. Of course, I'm sure that'll change in a short while, but most folks will have paid off their pre-05s (or if buying used, will probably have less monthly payments), meaning more money to buy mods for them than those that have much higher debt paying off their newer vehicles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
11 Participants
geronescott
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing