TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to build a center console for my 03 Taco Extended cab. I have a 60/40 bench so im thinking i will have to cut out the center seat and I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with this. I want to make a center console that locks so i can put in a holster for my CCW gun.

Anyone have any ideas?

I might even just build a regular console then put one of these in there?
http://www.center-of-mass.com/CV_Details/CV1012.htm

Thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Tuffy center consoles are pretty sick, but you'll have to give your left nut for one :p Virtually impossible to break into, and looks pretty slick too. I love mine, great investment.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuffy center consoles are pretty sick, but you'll have to give your left nut for one :p Virtually impossible to break into, and looks pretty slick too. I love mine, great investment.
Those look pretty sick, I saw the one that Lindsey had posted up. Did you have to cut up your bench seat to stick yours in or do you have buckets?

·
Registered
370 Posts
their narrowest one just fits. I've got corbeau suspension seats, which are a little wider than most buckets, so it's pretty snug

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, WR. I think that sounds like a good idea, down the road haha, lots of other stuff I need to do first. I have heard that some Mazda 626 seats will fit in the Tacoma... anyone have any experience / tips with that? That might be a cheap way to go!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Little different, but in my 99 I have been thinking about pulling the liner out of my console and welding up my own lock box... since lock box companies dont seem to care about the older tacoma (cant blame them, they cater to the new)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yeah I feel ya man. I think instead of cutting my seats I'm going to do the integra seat swap I saw on here then build a console and put a heavy duty lock on there. Kawi, let me know what you do, I want to see what you come up with!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts