TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just dropped my truck off at the shop to get some piping for my series 40 flowmaster. They are going to be calling back with an estimate. What should i expect, its single piping from the cat-back (not including the muffler which i bought seperately) what kind of price range should i expect?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Not sure on the price. Are you going to go with a larger pipe? Why not just cut out the stock muffler and weld the flowmaster back in it's place? should be cheaper than having a new tailpipe made.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i got it done for 172 and its almost cat back its o2 sensor back. its flowmaster series 40 with 2.5 piping and i think its real quiet. I thought flowmaster 40 series were suppose to be the loudest but oh well it looks cool and i think i got a little more power

·
Registered
409 Posts
Must be a 01-04' Tacoma right? I have an 01' and they have two cats on them, that's why my Magnaflow was alot quieter than the sound bytes I listened to. Is it a Delta Flow style or the regular style?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have an 03 Tacoma; It came with two cats but one was removed due to installation of LCE header. I am using stock piping and a Magnaflow muffler with stock piping back and cut off over the axle:

(Dirty Picture :D)​

It's pretty loud. Has a deep tone to it and very little drone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exhaust system..

I have always had speed performance cars, '88 trans am 350, '96 z28 383 with both of those systems i used flowmaster and slp exhaust...now that i FINALLY got an 06 tacoma i'd like to start the upgrading process. Can you guys give me insight into which exhaust systems sound the deepest and perform the best?

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a 02 V6 tacoma with 3" piping from the o2 sensor back with a flowmaster one chamber and it has a really nice deep throaty tone and it seems to have given me more torque and it is no where near as quiet as the magnaflow I had on there before.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Masterj981 said:
well i got it done for 172 and its almost cat back its o2 sensor back. its flowmaster series 40 with 2.5 piping and i think its real quiet. I thought flowmaster 40 series were suppose to be the loudest but oh well it looks cool and i think i got a little more power
cut your exhaust right after the muffler and it won't be quiet anymore..For the '05 guy, magnaflow's flow better, flowmasters sound better imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts