TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the pop and locks that u can just install in there. But I've been reading around and I've found that they ain't as secure. Has anyone done a REAL lock for the tailgate? I just got a quote from for a custom job for $300 to wire and install a lock for my tailgate that works with my power doors. Has anyone done this? How much?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have seen a video or read something about doing that and all the guy did was splice into the acuator wires on his door and put two new actuators inside the tailgate and when he pushed the button it would lock everything, something along those lines but im not sure if he changed out anything else. You can pick up the lock actuators for like 60-70 a piece maybe cheaper online.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any more details? Ya gota source for that info?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know of any other good Custom shops in Orange County, Los Angeles area that would do a custom tailgate lock for a Tacoma?

·
Registered
870 Posts
west coast customs (jk:D) probably any good audio/video/alarm auto shop could do it for you. just call around, get some prices and then go into the various shops and see what kind of design you like the best, problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts