TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two for sale in Colorado Springs:

One is wood and homemade, it is cut to fit a 10" solobaric and sit straddling the hump in the back of an xtended cab tacoma (2002 and similar). It is carpeted to match the grey interior and has no speaker in there. It's big and bulky (was too big for my taste but I used it for over a year and a half because it is LOUD!!) I would let it go for $100 + actual shipping OBO.

Second is custom fiberglass sealed box that resembles the JL Audio stealthbox that sits between the two jumpseats and faces down at the floorboard. It was made by an award winning box designer here and looks just like the JL box only it is designed to fit my 10" solobaric (square). The sound is nice and tight and it can really boom. I will sell this for $400 for the box only or $500 with the sub. Actual shipping added to that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
what color is the custom fiberglass box? is the solobaric a DVC speaker?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
what color is the custom fiberglass box? is the solobaric a DVC speaker?
Yes, it's DVC (Dual Voice Coil) and each Voice Coil is 4 Ohm to run parallel at 2 Ohm or separate channels at 4 Ohm each.

The Color is a dark gray which went well with my gray interior...Pics will be posted either tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you post a pic and quote shipping to 92683.
I will have to give a rough estimate since I don't have the exact weight and dimensions here at work, I will get an exact number this weekend though.

For the big box $40 UPS Ground with standard $100 insurance
For the stealth box $20 UPS Ground with $500 insurance
For the stealth box with the solobaric $45 UPS Ground with $500 insurance

The estimated size/weight I am using are as follows for anyone who wishes to calculate their own shipping:

Big Box 50 LBS (may be more, I will nail this down this weekend)
26-18-12 (H X W X L)
Stealth Box 15 LBS (may be less)
12-18-12
Solobaric 45 LBS dimensions would be same as Stealth Box and total weight would be 60 LBS

I am going off the top of my head on the numbers but that's all I can do until I measure and weigh.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
How did that 10" Solobaric sound? Trying to figure out whether I should get 1 or 2 of them for my new system.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a link to the owner's manual for the first gen L7 Solobaric:

http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/02SoloBaricL7manual.pdf

More about the speaker: I purchased it in the middle of 2003 and used it in the big box for about a year before going to Iraq to work...for the next 18 months it sat unused, and then when I returned I had the stealth box built and used it for another year. It's broken in but not overused...I never had it at full power and used capacitors to keep the amp stable.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
How did that 10" Solobaric sound? Trying to figure out whether I should get 1 or 2 of them for my new system.
For the size of my truck and my taste it was perfect...I had two 10" MTX's before that which were slightly louder in total but the pain of having a big box wasn't worth it. With the Kicker I had people stunned at how loud the bass was with only one speaker and I was very happy with the size of the boxes compared to a dual speaker setup.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i've got 2 10" L5's in my ext cab and that shit is fuckin loud! if i hadnt bought a custom box for them already, i'd definitely go with 1 sub

·
Registered
219 Posts
For the size of my truck and my tasted it was perfect...I had two 10" MTX's before that which were slightly louder in total but the pain of having a big box wasn't worth it. With the Kicker I had people stunned at how loud the bass was with only one speaker and I was very happy with the size of the boxes compared to a dual speaker setup.
im pretty interested, hook me up with a [email protected]

·
Registered
139 Posts
which solobaric woofer is it? any pics?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
i've got 2 10" L5's in my ext cab and that shit is fuckin loud! if i hadnt bought a custom box for them already, i'd definitely go with 1 sub
Good to know, I was planning on putting two 10" L7's in mine...maybe I'll just go with one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good to know, I was planning on putting two 10" L7's in mine...maybe I'll just go with one.
ya, if you want to go deaf, 2 L7's is a great idea. lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im pretty interested, hook me up with a [email protected]
will take pictures soon here is an example picture I dug up for the big box...the pic has a 12" solobaric I believe but the overall size is the same...the good thing about this box is all the airspace.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Sorry for the quality but I was lazy and used my camera phone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just measured and weighed the above pictured stealth box...with the sub still installed it is:

34 LBS
Box to fit would be 16" x 13" x 22"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts