TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on making my own triple stick on my 98 taco. I am ordering 1/4-3/8" spherical ball rod ends, and I will attach them to my fror twin stick setup. I plan on chopping the levers 1"out of the twin stick shifter plate, welding a nut on the end to receive a bolt to hole the mini-heim joint. the front single stick will get some angle stock on each side mounting to the existing bolts and act as a base for the shifter/linkages new homes. Im copying an image I found for a guy who was offering them for $268 on some other thread. I already ordered the twin stick setup, any info from someone who has done it would be great, or just watch my build as I figure it out. ill post pics when I get started just waiting for parts in the mail. im hoping to get the linkage low enough to not cut the floor but if I have to then I will and replace with a new flat mounting spot for a center console.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
so here is my fror twins stick Tacoma setup. im planning on

a) if I have room to not cut, then to simply cut the levers short and weld on a nut accepting a spherical rod end to link up triple sticks from the front case

b) if I don't have room to run the linkage on top of the tranny without cutting, then I would like to fabricate a new base block to run a sleeved bolt, and the sleeve will be welded to the shift-fork sleeves and then a lever welded pointing down to runt he linkage low and along the side of tranny.

Similar to what I saw on Tbob's setup... but im not sure if I got it all right, will the two sleeve riding in the aluminum block function correctly or will it bind due to torsional load? idk.. might just have to make it and find out!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Super high tech sketch of what I am thinking... drill 3/4" hole and use 1/2" ID tubing to sleeve the bolt, that sleeve being connected to both the shift fork itself and a lever pointing down to allow the linkage to run low...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may just cut the floor and run the linkage on top, make a removable top pan just so I can have access to the linkage regardless if it needs any maintenance...

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I sketched up something just like that for Marlin years ago but I don't think it ever went anywhere.

I finally got tired of waiting for someone else to do something and just rolled my own twin stick. I found out that it wasn't all that hard to do. I ended up just doing a short shifted top load. KISS not much to wear, tear or get out of adjustment that way. Just one pivot point per stick.

Super high tech sketch of what I am thinking... drill 3/4" hole and use 1/2" ID tubing to sleeve the bolt, that sleeve being connected to both the shift fork itself and a lever pointing down to allow the linkage to run low...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts