TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. anyone run a leaf pack from these guys http://www.aor4x4.com ?
2. if i were to find some leafs from local wrecking shops, from what other vehicle(s) could i use leafs from (this helps broaden my search for usable leafs, taco leafs not easy to find around by me). i wont use the whole leaf pack, just a few leafs to modify what i have on my 02'.

thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
cvajs said:
what about these comments? http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43754#post43754

for what i need (something softer than stock with a 2" lift) is the AOR worth it for me ???
that will be very difficult to do. In general, when you lift the rear via new leafpks they will be stiffer; that's how you get the lift. You can add a 2" shackle but this will cause your OE springs to sag at a faster rate.

You might try checking locally for a spring shop that does re-arching and can add a leaf to your stock pks at the same time. just adding a leaf w/o re-arching gives a rough ride AND the AAL will wear out fast since it is trying to maintain the arch for all the leaves in the pk.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Deaver makes both a 7 and an 8-leaf bolt-in Tacoma pack that is softer than stock because it replaces the factory thick ass overload spring with about 3 individual leafs. We have the 7-leaf pack on one our TRD Donahoe Taco and it feels way better than stock and we have the 8-leak pack custom fitted to our '89 4runner and it's awesome too. The extra leaf makes up for the weight of the hard-top or in the case of a Tacoma, a camper shell or heavy bumper etc.

The Deaver's run about $550 retail and you can get them from Deaver directly or through Donahoe, Demello, Kartek or Poly Performance...

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SEAN_at_TLT said:
Deaver makes both a 7 and an 8-leaf bolt-in Tacoma pack that is softer than stock because it replaces the factory thick ass overload spring with about 3 individual leafs. We have the 7-leaf pack on one our TRD Donahoe Taco and it feels way better than stock and we have the 8-leak pack custom fitted to our '89 4runner and it's awesome too. The extra leaf makes up for the weight of the hard-top or in the case of a Tacoma, a camper shell or heavy bumper etc.

The Deaver's run about $550 retail and you can get them from Deaver directly or through Donahoe, Demello, Kartek or Poly Performance...
no doubt the Deaver is a great leaf pack, but for about $600 shipped to my door that was way too much.

·
Registered
73 Posts
cvajs said:
what about these comments? http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43754#post43754

for what i need (something softer than stock with a 2" lift) is the AOR worth it for me ???
Well I unfortunatly ordered my springs when they were having trouble with their outside machine shop supplying the orbits for the springs. So I did end up waiting 5-6 months like grumpy. But I never had contact issues with Randy, he always picked up the phone and tried to give me the best answers he could. I understand how things work when your dealing with a outside source, sometimes shit just happens. But I will still recommend them because they sure came through in the end and I love my springs now :D

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hawthorne said:
i dont know what everyone payed for the springs from aor but my 62 inch spring under race pack with the orbit eye on the front was not he much less then the deavers shiped to my door
to order AOR with poly bushings, a set of u-bolts, plus shipping, total rings in at about $500. still a tad pricey for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts