TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I think I have seen some with Dubcabs who have some cut-out fender flares...if so, what brand, and where'd ya get em? I have been searching but can not find any for my 02 dubcab...HELP!!! :welder:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have the Bushwacker Cutouts on my '03 D-cab. The aren't made for the D-cab but they will work.
Here is the Set Part # 31919-02

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
You have any pictures of the bed to cab interface that is the supposed problem with these? There isn't much room as picured here.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no problem with the tight clearance at the bed/cab area, and the gas lid? How was the install?...how is the finished product, and how much extra room do they make for the tires?..oh yeah, and how about a pic or two!!!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bryanccfshr said:
You have any pictures of the bed to cab interface that is the supposed problem with these? There isn't much room as picured here.
all I got was the good ol "red x"

·
Registered
439 Posts
The bed is too short from the front of the rear wheel well to the bed on th D-cabs. So you can either cut the front of the rear wheel well and let it hang pass the bed or not cut the front of the wheel well and it won't hang over. I cut mine and let it hang over. I think it looks good. I don't know how to post pics on the new board, but I can e-mail pics.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
dougtrd said:
all I got was the good ol "red x"
Try hitting refresh when it does that... It's much better than the Tiny attachments.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Stubb444 said:
The bed is too short from the front of the rear wheel well to the bed on th D-cabs. So you can either cut the front of the rear wheel well and let it hang pass the bed or not cut the front of the wheel well and it won't hang over. I cut mine and let it hang over. I think it looks good. I don't know how to post pics on the new board, but I can e-mail pics.
[email protected] I can post it and you'll either see it or a little red X will randomely show up depending on the mood of my image host.:mad:

So what you did was cut the sheetmetal out and there simply isn't anything to secure the front part of the flare too right? I don't see any problem with it.. I need to relocate my axle as well.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stubb444 said:

Some pics would be [email protected]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bushwacker has a pic on their web site

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4BYnTacoma said:
Bushwacker has a pic on their web site

Its funny that they have a pic of the dub cab, but dont offer them for it!!! I was actually hoping for some pics with some info on lift, tire and wheel size, etc so I could see how they "really" look with some mods. cant tell on the web site what tire size those are and if there is any other lift...
:confused:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Bryan YGM.

I think everyone has the wrong idea about these " cutout" flares. You don't cut much metal off.

IMHO the cutout flares are to cover wider tires not to run bigger tires. I don't care what it says on the Bushwacker site you can't run 33-12.50 with only 3" of lift with these flares. YOU STILL RUB !!!!! Trust me.

Bryan NO you don't cut all the front metal away. You still have metal to screw into.

Here is a link to the pics of my cutouts.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/p...379697&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
yeah...but I am already running 33s w/ only 3" of lift!!! I want to switch to a coilover and only crank em to 2.5 though, so I will need a bit more clearance and am not crazy about BL's

hmmm...you are right, I was under the impression that you took off like 1/2 to 1" all the way around...

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh yeah, how much extra coverage do they give over the stock TRD flares?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Look at pic # 8. It is a pic from the rear with the cutouts and 32-11.50-15 on stock alloy wheels. With the stock flares the 32's came out to the edge of the flares.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Stubb444 said:
Bryan YGM.

I think everyone has the wrong idea about these " cutout" flares. You don't cut much metal off.

IMHO the cutout flares are to cover wider tires not to run bigger tires. I don't care what it says on the Bushwacker site you can't run 33-12.50 with only 3" of lift with these flares. YOU STILL RUB !!!!! Trust me.

Bryan NO you don't cut all the front metal away. You still have metal to screw into.

Here is a link to the pics of my cutouts.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2131172158&code=14379697&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite
Thanks for the Pics. The area you cut up front is the only real problem area. If it affords more space within the flares compared to the stock flares it may be better. I would like to take a closer look at this optioon soon. They are wider than y trd flares and the way they secure alre less intrusive into the wheel well.

If you look at this somewhat old profile you will see that my fronts are very happy and with a little trimming I should be fine without the BL. I need to move the rear axle back though. and wouldn't mine doing some extra rimming if the flare can hide it.
One question, do these flares have a pocket shape on the inside as the name implies?

·
Registered
305 Posts
do the flares interfere with the gas door? you dont have to cut into it or anything do you?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Cut Away!!..lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts