TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have cut your tailpipe, did you put any sort of bracket on it for support so it doesn't jerk around? Or, now that it's shorter, is it stiff enough by itself?

-Seth

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
fine by itself

·
Registered
296 Posts
for some lifted trucks the rear leaf's hit the exhaust so it needs to be rerouted or cut off.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Sawzalled right after it starts turning down.

No problems.

·
Registered
178 Posts
what are the consequences of cutting after the turn down ... i'm assuming that since you're getting rid of some restrictive piping that there might be a change in sound and maybe a slight difference in performance ... basically I'm wondering if this is something I should go grab the sawzall and just do ... or will i regret it later.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Sam Damage said:
what are the consequences of cutting after the turn down ... i'm assuming that since you're getting rid of some restrictive piping that there might be a change in sound and maybe a slight difference in performance ... basically I'm wondering if this is something I should go grab the sawzall and just do ... or will i regret it later.
well the change is you will be driving and your truck will go oh fuck i dont have a tailpipe, then it will roll over and play dead...

·
Registered
99 Posts
DesertTRD said:
well the change is you will be driving and your truck will go oh fuck i dont have a tailpipe, then it will roll over and play dead...
I totally hate when that happens. Messes up my hair.

·
Registered
178 Posts
DesertTRD said:
well shit ... in that case I'll go cut it off right now ... fuck finding my roommates sawzall i just go chew through it :rolleyes:

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
when I cut mine, I cut about 6-8 inches behind the muffler, before the turn up. then got a cheapo turn down tail pipe cover from the parts house and clamped it on. Don't notice any difference in performance but can hear a slight lower note to the sound. And, it is well out of the way for any situation.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
tacosauce said:
what happens when you cut the tailpipe?
your truck will explode!!!

not really ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
if its possible for you to remake the mount then do so, i went and bought some round rod and remade my mounts, the way i see it, toyota put those mounts there for a reason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts