TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a real problem. I'm a total noob without much experience or tools. It get's worse. I'm trying to drive and maintain a nice first gen. Tacoma in Sacto, a city I am new to.

My front CV's need to be changed. I've got the new axles, just not the experience, tools, or place to do the work.

Can someone recommend a shop to change these, in Sac., that won't give me my truck back with it driving crooked?

I don't want to just pick a place out of a hat.

Or if one of you guys wants some weekend work, let me know!!

Give a noob a break. Thanks.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I've got a real problem. I'm a total noob without much experience or tools. It get's worse. I'm trying to drive and maintain a nice first gen. Tacoma in Sacto, a city I am new to.

My front CV's need to be changed. I've got the new axles, just not the experience, tools, or place to do the work.

Can someone recommend a shop to change these, in Sac., that won't give me my truck back with it driving crooked?

I don't want to just pick a place out of a hat.

Or if one of you guys wants some weekend work, let me know!!

Give a noob a break. Thanks.
got any week days to play with?
my weekends are booked :p
east bay, about an hr west on 80 from Sac.

they are easy to change
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/cv_axle/

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This week, I could probably come out tomorrow or Wednesday. Were you thinking daytime or evening.

I know they're not too complicated to do, but the trucks my daily driver and I wouldn't want to make a noob mistake and strand myself. And I don't have the space or tools.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Once you do it you'll realize how easy it is. I was nervous, as mine is a DD too. All I needed to buy was the big socket.

Nice to have an experienced person like Hytenor to help though. Make sure to bring some sort of compensation for the favor.

Don't be that guy: "OK thanks bye"

Lunch, beer or BACON.:D

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
This week, I could probably come out tomorrow or Wednesday. Were you thinking daytime or evening.

I know they're not too complicated to do, but the trucks my daily driver and I wouldn't want to make a noob mistake and strand myself. And I don't have the space or tools.
what about next Monday, the 1st? I'm off the whole day so wouldn't have to worry about getting things done in a hurry :p

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm not sure. I've seen it on shelves somewhere, but it might have been up in Oregon.

Maybe we should do a group buy!
Probably so expensive here. I found some different Rogue's when I lived in Tucson; minimum was $7 a bottle. The Imperial Pilsner was $16 a bottle.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
You can tell what's important here:lmao:

Not Cvs. Bacon and beer all the way.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I could do next Monday. Does around noon work? What part of the East Bay?
that works....check your PMs

oh, and can you get that beer in Cali? :p

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
CV axles changed!

Thanks a million Hytenor for your thorough help!!!
not a problem...now you know how to do it :D

Note on these new OE remans:
quality is tons better than the aftermarkets I've seen in the past and the price wasn't nearly as bad as I would expect from a dealer.

axles include 'C' clips and dust shields...things not normally found on the aftermarkets.

·
Registered
746 Posts
oh, and can you get that beer in Cali? :p
I asked a buddy of mine the other day (sales rep for local distributor), he said the Voodoo is brewed in batches of different flavors. Right now they are selling a different flavor, if I hadn't had so many gins when I was talking to him, I could probably remember what it was. If they are selling it in August, I'll try to bring some to the Gold Lake trip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
6 Participants
stlstrs
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing