TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tore my cv boot last week and i just now got around to changing it, it took about 2.5 hrs, wasnt the best 2.5 hrs of my life. It wasnt that hard it was just the time that it took for a 10 dollar part. Did any one else have to do this, is there any tricks for future reference???? Always interested in a short cut.(For inner boot only, i already know of the shortcut for the outer one)

·
Registered
139 Posts
What is the shortcut for the outer boot? Im about to do this myself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
UTKtacoma said:
What is the shortcut for the outer boot? Im about to do this myself.
i wish someone would just make a write up for it or put a link out for a write up i'm not too sure on how to do this and would definately like to know

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey CYi5, good link. That's my write up. :)

There's not really any short cut as only one side of the half shaft (inner) is removable to get the boots on and off. I guess, if one wanted to work with the hassle of leaving the shaft in the hub, one could seperate the bottom ball joint, cut the inner boot, seperate the inner joint and work on it/swap parts while the half shaft is still assembled in the hub. I think it'd be a major PITA to do it this way as the fumbling around to get the stuff disassembled/reassembled with it still half installed would probably take more time than just removing the shaft entirely and swappin' the parts out.

Got a specific ?, leme know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts