TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen a good one somewhere.

I've read the NE website as well as the one on nowwgasa.net

Any others? I don't have split boots yet, but they look like they're thinking about it. So I'm trying to get educated...

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
How many ways are there to skin a cat? When you buy a Toyota Factory Service Manual do you also buy the Haynes because you think the Toyota manual might not be telling you the right stuff? Given that you are asking for multiple write-ups tells me you bought neither. Buy a service manual. They are way more reliable then the endless amounts of mis-information you can find on this board.

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
Almost forgot - NEVER get the split boots. They absolutely suck! I've used them and they don't last very long. Don't waste your money on them.

My best advice to you- Find some local TTORA members near you and organize a little wrenching party. Free beer and pizza usually goes a long way to get people to help you out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually those manuals have extremely weak photo documentation, so if there is something good online why wouldn't I use that? For example, most of the write ups on Peter Parks' website are worlds better then anything you're going to get in a manual. If you're not using the Internet to research something these days you're fucking retarded.

Also, I'm in New England. There's probably no one near me. Chances are it's something I can do myself anyway and a detailed write up with good digital pictures (something almost never seen in a manual) would help me make that call.

When I said split boots I should have said ripped so you wouldn't have mis-read it. They look like they are about to rip.

Lastly, all I asked for was a link. Not a snide deduction that I don't have a manual. Google isn't working for me and someone probably has what I'm looking for bookmarked.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheez said:
Yeah I found that one. Maybe it's the write-up I'm thinking of. I just remember reading one at some point that made me think replacing boots is easy.

It probably is, but having never done it before I want to get a good look at the whole process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Jade
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing