TTORA Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
I have found that using 2 equal length pry bars actually makes this a whole lot easier. The axle doesn't go sideways and it will come out with minimum effort.

I've had good luck using a brass drift for R&R- Just rotate the shaft after each strike- Your really just trying to free the snap-ring. The shaft should "pop" right out.

I've found that most pry bars tend to chew up the inner tulip housing-
(So try to use as wide a prybar as possible)

thanks guys. i just used a pry bar and it popped out. i was just worried about trying to force it and breaking something.

If it wont' come out on its own you may have to use some kind of pry bar to force it out.

Is there a trick to getting the cv out of the diff. I already have the cv out of the hub, but i cant get it out of the diff. please help!!!!!!
Get a long pry bar and pry it out along the lip of the cv going into the diff. be careful not to damage the seal unless you are planning on replacing it. should pop right out.

Get a long pry bar and pry it out along the lip of the cv going into the diff. be careful not to damage the seal unless you are planning on replacing it. should pop right out.
Do as Coop said above, but keep turning it a little bit as you do. The C-clip needs to be in the right position to "pop out" as it does when you put the new one in. Sometimes they are a PITA, but they always come out.

Good luck.

thanks guys it worked, i was just replacinging the boot, but i was wondering, in case that i do break a CV, how much are the CV unlimited ones, and are they really that much stronger?, thanks again!

I just recently purchased the cv unlimited newfields. I'm not sure what the diffrence is? Is there anyone else that has purchased these? They were $250 a side. I guess they are no longer carrying these but will still honor the warranty if they break. Free replacement the first time and if you break them the second time. You have to pay half. :2cents:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.