TTORA Forum banner

cv is stuck, anyone else have this problem?

3K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Dick Foster 
#1 ·
Alright, this might sound stupid, but I cannot for the life of me get this POS aftermarket cv axle (new!) to come out of my differential tube. I've been spouting stuff that would make Benny Hill blush.

What the hell is going on with this thing? The old one came out with just sudden "push" with the prybar, and then this one went in with almost the same ease. I mean it wasn't easy, but it wasn't something that anyone that knows how to use a set of tools couldn't handle. It also wasn't pushed in too far. Once I had gotten it to start to slide into the splines with a couple precise wraps of the hammer, I pushed it into the snap-ring groove with hand force.

But the damned thing just will not pop out. I am really prying at the friggin thing. For the love of Mary.

If anyone has had this issue feel free to chime in.

The reason I am taking the thing out is because it isn't worth the $70 bones that I paid for it, let alone $10. It binds during it's revolution when the suspension is at droop and that is something that the OEM didn't even do. Furthermore, when spinning the axle to it's points of bind up, I can see it actually pulling in and out (just slightly) from the diff. This POS is going back as soon as I can wrangle it from the truck.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.