TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone who is running the CV Unlimited high angle boots post a pic of them installed on their truck?

I just received mine, and the inner one seems like it is for a stock application (has 6 fins). Yet the outer one looks like a high angle one (has 3 fins). Seems like they are opposite.

And are there suppose to be two types of grease? One for the inner and one for the outer or only one? CVU sent all the same grease (grey in color).

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The Inner Boot (closest to the front Dif) should be spaced out more with the inner groove of the larger part being shaped to fit the tulip housing. the Outter (closest to the Wheel) should look pretty much stock, but PolyUri instead. The grease is High temp, High Velocity Grease that does not break down very quick and will last a long time. and yes it should be grey!

Im running the Downey HighAngle Boots... pretty much the same stuff.. just different vendor...

Good Luck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at the boots, they are opposite of what you said.
The tulip part(inner boot) has many fins, and the outer boot has only three fins. That is why I am wondering if they are the correct boots.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Hmmm.... Post up some pix so that we can see and give a better answer...

It sounds like they just might be different and not work...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
One on the left appears to be the inner boot.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Did you read ANY of the above posts?? :rolleyes:
Yeah, my bad. I was just looking at the tulip, not the fins. Does seem to be reversed if you are talking about fin style. The outer should have more fins like the stock boot also. My boo-boo:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Call'em up! They are backwards... send'em back... or ask them to send new ones or what's the deal with the ones they sent...

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Mine are like that.

The fins will still rub, don't get me wrong, but the fins allow it to happen much easier.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
If you are worried about the inner fins rubbing... Send those Unlimited CV's back and ordered some from Downey OffRoad.... their Inners have the three fin setup.. Mine really don't rub... only at full droop, and full turn at the wheel. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey Animal
Does the Downey High Angle Boots Have that indentions in there for the "tulip" like the ones from CVU has? or is it like the ORS High Angle Boots were you have to use the old boot as an adaptor along with the new boot? thanks
kalani

1 - 16 of 16 Posts