TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Off 2003 D-Cab Taco. Painted black. Stubbs Sliders 80" long. They have trail rash, but no dents, just scrapes. I cut them off in preperation of my new ones. If you want you can get scab plates to weld on and gusset the legs with. These are the Standard Sliders. 30 degree. New, they start at $275.00 + S&H http://www.stubbswelding.com/rocksliders.htm ship on buyers dime with DHL.

Located in Vegas. (SOLD)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
how much shippin to 97601?

What do i need to get to put em on my truck?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
you will probably need some 1/4" plating and some small gussets

Then just weld the plates on to the tubes then the gussets to the top of the tubes that meet with the 1/4" plates IF the tubes dont already have gussets on them.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
so they are cut off right at the old plates i am assuming? If thats the case, then that will be cake. I could make em to bolt on then. Thanks

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
so they are cut off right at the old plates i am assuming? If thats the case, then that will be cake. I could make em to bolt on then. Thanks
No problem
One more suggestion would be to make sure all of the mounting tubes where cut off in line that way it doesnt mess you up when you go to bolt the sliders on after welding on your plates

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
No problem
One more suggestion would be to make sure all of the mounting tubes where cut off in line that way it doesnt mess you up when you go to bolt the sliders on after welding on your plates
ya, i'll check that. I need sliders really bad, i've done just about everything but armor, and after a couple of close calls in a lil rock garden creek a few weeks ago... i realize I can't wait any longer now that the new-ness of my truck has worn off and i just wheel the piss outta her...

i need to get something to put in my cab right in my field of vision that reminds me "hey you gotta drive this home"

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
her...

i need to get something to put in my cab right in my field of vision that reminds me "hey you gotta drive this home"
I had a gentle reminder on my 2 hour drive home one day after wheeling, fortunately I had other wheelers help me out or it would have been a lot worse

And major props to the guys who dangled 5' off the ground to help me....if it wasnt for them my door would be dangling like the mirror lol

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with the Stubb's SLiders. They have prevented damage to my rockers a few times...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I had a gentle reminder on my 2 hour drive home one day after wheeling, fortunately I had other wheelers help me out or it would have been a lot worse

And major props to the guys who dangled 5' off the ground to help me....if it wasnt for them my door would be dangling like the mirror lol

damn, i've been there a time or 2, not even close to that bad, my IFS gets me into that predicament way to often...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how much shippin to 97601?

What do i need to get to put em on my truck?
Shipping should be less then $40.00?? Approx 30 lbs each. Thanks for all the input guys... You are correct about the plates and gussets. I cut them as close to the plate as I could. Between the plate and the weld, the sliders lost approx 1/4 inch. I used them without gussets, they flexed a little into my pinch weld, but no probs.. I just went to a larger tube and rear kicker. I mounted the sliders to far forward (approx 2") and I left a spot for rocks to get the rear of the cab..:( ...Oh well.......I would suggest a small plate, and gussets if you so desire. Thanks again for all the help guys.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SOMEONE NEEEEEEDS THESE THINGS!!! I wan't them out of here.......

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got back from Vacation. Give me a day or so to get going..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts