TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did toyota offer a sunroof on a 2002 or 2003 doublecab? Anyone every have one aftermarket installed.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
From my extensive research (maybe not extensive but some research nontheless) no DCabs came with a sunroof. I have been interested in getting an aftermarket one, but have been doing other mods first. So here is a bump for some aftermarket options.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I wonder how much an aftermarket sunroof would cost? I'd love to have one in my truck (extracab).

·
Registered
2 Posts
sunroof in DC

2001 DC had sunroof option in 4X4 only. I assume it is the same for 02 and 03
I have a 2002 DC 4x4 with a sunroof from the factory. Comes with a headliner cover also if you don't like to see the sky.

·
Registered
843 Posts
my old friends dad installs after market sunroofs, he said they can cost from
150 and go up, the price depended on the manuel one and weather or not it woukd retract into the roof or come out and go back above the roof line

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a 2003 Double Cab with a pop-up sunroof. If I remember correctly, it was only available on the TRD 4x4 DC (at least up here in Canada).

As for aftermarket, be prepared for leaks, squeeks and potenital headliner issues. And I wouldn't have the heart to take a saw to the roof of my Taco anyways :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah, I won't actually do it, but I would love to have a sunroof. If I ever did, I'd take it to a reputable shop who would warranty the work. But still, I don't think I will ever take the plunge.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Jamier2 said:
Yeah, I won't actually do it, but I would love to have a sunroof. If I ever did, I'd take it to a reputable shop who would warranty the work. But still, I don't think I will ever take the plunge.
Nah, didnt look too bad. There was a guy on the last board that did it himself and had a whole writeup about it. Didnt look to hard, and there was also a group buy on them. Pop ups I think were 150 and motorized were 300 I think. Damn, I wish I could search back that far on delphi. Hopefully someone will see this post and remember what I am talking about and cut and paste/reply with the links.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a 2002 DC 4x4 TRD limited and it has a factory sunroof. It pops up, but you can also take off the entire glass really easy. It explains it in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I own a 2002 DC 4x4 TRD limited and it has a factory sunroof. It pops up, but you can also take off the entire glass really easy. It explains it in the owners manual.
Good on you Noob for reading instead of asking DuMass ??????'s
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
But bringing up a thread over 3 yrs old is a little carried away.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, can't fault him for not searching, I would rather have them bump 3 year old threads then start new ones of the same old topics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine new in 03 and the only way to get the sunroof was to get the limited option.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Nah, didnt look too bad. There was a guy on the last board that did it himself and had a whole writeup about it. Didnt look to hard, and there was also a group buy on them. Pop ups I think were 150 and motorized were 300 I think. Damn, I wish I could search back that far on delphi. Hopefully someone will see this post and remember what I am talking about and cut and paste/reply with the links.

Mike or Andy put one in ......norcal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts