TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Tacoma and my question is can the Torx bolts in the truck bed be replaced with D rings? I'm going to assume yes but I just want to hear from everyone who has done it. I found them online at Toyotapartsstore.com for $21 a pair. Anyone know the Torx socket size needed? Thanks!!!

Anyone go with a TRD intake system?

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
i don't remember the torx size? 45/50 ? remove the bed bolts, gotta grind down some thread to remove the washers. you'll see it. works fine. you actually mount the d-rings on the bed bolts...

·
Registered
277 Posts
yah, i have the TRD CAI system...on for about a week now.......did a gas mileage tet this past week, and it came out slightly better.......power is aloao more noticable at about 3 grand plus........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! That's what I thought. Anyone know what the torque setting for the torque wrench one should use when re-installing these bolts?

Chris

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
genrec said:
yah, i have the TRD CAI system...on for about a week now.......did a gas mileage tet this past week, and it came out slightly better.......power is aloao more noticable at about 3 grand plus........
Got any install/installed pics?

macbugs23 said:
Thanks! That's what I thought. Anyone know what the torque setting for the torque wrench one should use when re-installing these bolts?

Chris

Lets see some Pics when done!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats an awesome idea. I was kind of dissapointed that they didnt put the factory d-rings in the front of the bed. Im going to have to try that. Did anyone ever figure out the specified torque for the bed bolts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
toku58
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing