TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aw'rite no need to laugh at me... :D

I bought one of these cause it was cheap... Seems to be a great little car... Though getting service is impossible these days... No biggie... I can do it myself... I have the FSM's so all is good with that... I found where to get parts... so that's done...

However... I googled to locate a forum and can't really seem to find anything that is active or current... And was wondering if anyone else know if there is one out there... or for that matter if anyone here even has heard of this car ? LOL

I have the Nubira...

I've fixed everything on the car except one problem... a rough idle issue (runs excellent otherwise ;) )... Basic tune up didn't fix the problem :( ... EGR valve is good... O2 sensor is good... Checking the ICV today... Maybe need to clean the injectors... No misfire... Just the idle issue... :dunno:

Anyone as foolish as me to own one of these things other then me ?... he he

Pics for all the weenies... ;)

2001 Daewoo Nubira... Purchase price $1500. Mileage 75K
Title transfer $50. Registration per/year $ 50.
Fuel savings over my Yota... priceless... :p

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
gregers05 said:

especially pics with dell crammed inside that tiny daewoo :lmao:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gregers05 said:
Pics posted for you weenies (OT)... :rolleyes: LOL

Thanks Dennis for that link... Need all the help I can get here...

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drabnor said:
especially pics with dell crammed inside that tiny daewoo :lmao:
Shit it's as roomy as my truck fo' sho' ;)

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
ok...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's payback for every 2wd peerunner joke you've ever made

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
boy do i feel sorry for all the people that bought those new... with in a few years those cars were practily worthless... you could give those things away for awhile there. my friend had one that wouldn't start, he could find anyone to work on it, no parts, so it sat for 6 months broke while he still made payments on it. at least now people are catching on and parts suppliers are stepping up, they are finally worth alittle again.

looks like a nice little commuter car. i did the same thing because gas was costing alot, and tire wear on expensive MT's. so i bought a 91 trecel for 40 bucks, put new set of tires and a tune up and drive it everyday now.

MPG- Taco 16 Tercel 41

Tires- Taco $800 Tercel $115

Pretty easy math there... i still drive the taco every sun just to keep it charged and ready to go. also it will help keep the corrosion off my coilovers this winter. yet another thing to not worry about.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thunder chicken said:
Welcome to Pimp my Ride...
I recomend curb sliders & some spinners.
Is this cuz of the solid axle?
thunder chicken said:
Welcome to Pimp Dell's Ride...
I recomend curb sliders & some spinners.
Is this cuz of the solid axle?
Stuttering John... ha ha
There'll be no pimping the Daewoo...
New tires, tune up, rebuilt front suspension... done
Now... just run 'er into the ground and that is all...
I think of it as a one time payment rental car... ;)

Yes this ride is for the possible future down time...
As well as minimizing the tire and general wear on the Taco...

Oh... and the Boy is getting near the age of mobility as well... And the truck is off limits... Unless he wants to wheel with me... Then he can drive it ;)

New Tires for the Daewoo... $198. total OTD :)
New Tires for the Taco..... $1399. total OTD :eek:

Borrego Boy (BBBB) It's still a peerunner no matter how much you laugh at my Da'woo

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
PappaF2 said:
any of you watch mad tv?

check out my Daewoo!

Daewoo!!!! What What! That is the first thing I thought when I saw this thread. HA HA HA LOL :rofl:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah I know the feeling I just bought a 98 Altima off my bro in law for $2k and I am just getting started on making a couple of repairs I just changed the oil in it, I think it was the first time it had ever been changed. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
TACODOC
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing