TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i actually want to do some work on the truck, so i am looking at buying a jetta tdi... and since they apparently dont depreciate im looking at a new one so that way i get the warranty ( and 3 years of oil changes lol). anyways i know a few people used to come from the vw side of things..... anything i should be wary of?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Don't know anything about the new ones. Had a mk4 golf and had to set reminders to put gas in it. I did an up salute chip, 3" downpipe back with a straight pipe, cleaned the manifold with an old ebrake cable(they like to gum up) timing and pump advance and that thing was faster then most integras I would play with. Great car! VWs have wiring issues 90% of the time or quirky problems.

Get it drive it and when the warranty is up lmk and I can send you to a guy that can convert it to veggies.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at some revo programmer/chip options that allow you to revert to stock if need be.... only around 800 or so from what i was reading. about 25hp gain... if i could roast the tires i would be ok with that.... its time i think to get some speeding tickets again lol

good to know about the wiring.... i really like the keyless setup, no buttons to push... but i can also see that dying right after the warranty is up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts