TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many of you have transformed your daily drivers into trail rigs. I'm in the process of doing it and have no regrets. I love my Taco and am obsessed with making her a better trail rig!!! :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I did mine last year (from daily to trail only)....no regrets
I still drive it to work now and then (80 mile round trip)....but she is usually dragged on a trailer to get dirty or sitting in the garage

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My DD is my trail rig... I just gotta tell my self every outing... "You gotta drive this home Chris, settle down"...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
mine is my dd. its not a comfortable ride but i cant afford a d.d. yet. but i kinda like having it as a d.d. Then again if i could afford a d.d. it would be a trail only truck.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I have both a daily driver and a trail rig............but for some dam reason I always end up wheeling my daily driver while my trail rig sits at home :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Full_Tilt_Fud said:
I have both a daily driver and a trail rig............but for some dam reason I always end up wheeling my daily driver while my trail rig sits at home :eek:
Thats because you are too close to Ohio and you are afflicted with their desease of laziness!

Get off your butt and wrench on the beater so you save the D.D!!LOL

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Had a trail only rig now I guess I'm goin backwards.....Am buildin a wheeler that I can use as a DD. :D Too many trails that come out along frickin way from the trailer....Backtracking was getting old especially if you have more trails to run...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
224 Posts
i use my truck as a dd. i was wheeling a while back and broke my hubs and now my truck has been sitting at the house for about a month. i have been searching all over the place for some hubs. but i might have to either start taking it alittle easy on the trails, bring spare parts,( but you dont know what you need till you break it), or get me another dd. i cant afford breaking my truck all the time and not being able to get to work. i like using my truck for a dd because its fun to drive. im about to put a detroit in the rear so we will see how much i have to change my driving habits.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my DD is my trail rig as well. I keep hoping to get a new taco or something to drive everyday, but then all i can think about is how either A) i would continue to drive my first truck around because its bigger and "cooler" or B) i'd have to lift the new DD.... so for now i wheel a DD. I drive from auburn AL to chattanooga for all breaks and holidays (college) in this truck. Its a 91 4cyl 5spd locked on 37s SASed.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Turned my 87 DD into a trail-truck/DD combo, then bought a T100 DD to make my 87 a dedicated trail-truck, only to find that I STILL drive my 87 just as much, if not more than, my T100. Funny how that works............

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
This thread is 5 months old.....

I used to be more extream then I am now. My "trail rig" is my DD but it is only on 34" "street" Nittos. Back in the day when I would do trails like Indy/Penrose, Carnage BV, and UpperHell I hated to drive my Toy that was on 40s. Slow to go and stop is not fun on the street, not to mention it was not water-tight.

If you have a real job and you drive like a jackass get a DD so you can get to work on monday. If you almost never break and/or you work for Mc Donalds don't worry about it. Or if you make enough money get a tow rig and let it sit till your junk is broke, then DD it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts