TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much lift is everyone getting after they settle in? Do they stay around 2 inches or end up at 1 to 1 1/2 inches? Also where is the cheapest place to order them since the shops by me only stock them for Landcruisers or won't give me a quote and I can't find them for a Tacoma online without buying the full kit. Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
How much lift is everyone getting after they settle in? Do they stay around 2 inches or end up at 1 to 1 1/2 inches? Also where is the cheapest place to order them since the shops by me only stock them for Landcruisers or won't give me a quote and I can't find them for a Tacoma online without buying the full kit. Thanks
PM tacozilla or trdparts4u

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
front settled more than rr on mine (882/dakar). tiny bit o rake but i dont mind. i so far clear 33x10.5's w the only real rubbing occuring at full lock at the frame ( front). so far.

i find they ride good w the comfort shocks and can take a load quite well. they flex decent but ive heard of ppl taking a leaf out to better it. personally i like to be able to carry a load.

if i had to guess they gave about 2-2.5" lift after 9 months on the truck. i dont carry anything in the bed when dding so they go unloaded for long stretches this could be why they settled high. im sure a tool box or something to add a little wt to the rear end would bring a truck close to level.

i can measure if u want but i never have.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
front settled more than rr on mine (882/dakar). tiny bit o rake but i dont mind. i so far clear 33x10.5's w the only real rubbing occuring at full lock at the frame ( front). so far.

i find they ride good w the comfort shocks and can take a load quite well. they flex decent but ive heard of ppl taking a leaf out to better it. personally i like to be able to carry a load.

if i had to guess they gave about 2-2.5" lift after 9 months on the truck. i dont carry anything in the bed when dding so they go unloaded for long stretches this could be why they settled high. im sure a tool box or something to add a little wt to the rear end would bring a truck close to level.

i can measure if u want but i never have.
You're running 882's with what kind of weight up front? Also, if you get a chance I would be interested in knowing your rear axle to fender measurement. Everyone says that they have got a 2" or 3" lift, but my rear is about 1.5" from the bump-stops so giving info like that really does me no good. I'm thinking I'll see a 4" lift with Dakars....

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Are you going with the poly ome bushings, because it's sounds to me like going with the stock spring bushings is best?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
no wt. just the stock plastic bumper and no winch.

compared to stock w 31's

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've only had my 886s/Dakars on for 2 months so I don't know how long it'll take for the suspension to settle out. I've still got 2" front and 3" rear lift over stock, even though I added the weight of my 60" Hi-Lift to my ARB. I plan to remeasure after the RandyM run at Bad Lands over the Memorial Day weekend.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I've only had mine on for a short time and no settling yet. I netted a total of 2.5 inches of lift without the OL.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thanks darwink!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I guess I don't know if you're talking about the old or new Tacoma, but for the old Taco I believe the spring comes sans bushings and you must add them yourself. There is a thread on it not far down...

·
Registered
156 Posts
So is the 15 A/B the Dakar rear springs or the regular OME leafs or are they just the same and they recently renamed them "Dakar"?
The OME15A/B (first gen taco) are the older part numbers for the OME leafs. They are not the Dakars, however, I was told that they are the same spring rate. How that transfers over to the Dakars I don't know for sure.

Are you going with the poly ome bushings, because it's sounds to me like going with the stock spring bushings is best?
ljschnel said:
I guess I don't know if you're talking about the old or new Tacoma, but for the old Taco I believe the spring comes sans bushings and you must add them yourself. There is a thread on it not far down...
What year is your truck? I have had a hell of a time finding any info on putting stock toyota bushings in the dakars for a first gen taco. I think the second gen taco dakars are set up for stock size bushings but I don't know for sure. For my 03, I used the poly ome's, they squeaked too much for me, so I tried to use the stock bushings. They fit in the front, but the rears were too big and seemed like they were going to stretch out the eyelet too much. Had 2 people so far tell me that they work, and 200 tell me they are not sure. Needless to say, I still have the OME poly's in the lower spring shackle location, stock on the shackle to frame and spring to frame (front)...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The OME15A/B (first gen taco) are the older part numbers for the OME leafs. They are not the Dakars, however, I was told that they are the same spring rate. How that transfers over to the Dakars I don't know for sure.

What year is your truck? I have had a hell of a time finding any info on putting stock toyota bushings in the dakars for a first gen taco. I think the second gen taco dakars are set up for stock size bushings but I don't know for sure. For my 03, I used the poly ome's, they squeaked too much for me, so I tried to use the stock bushings. They fit in the front, but the rears were too big and seemed like they were going to stretch out the eyelet too much. Had 2 people so far tell me that they work, and 200 tell me they are not sure. Needless to say, I still have the OME poly's in the lower spring shackle location, stock on the shackle to frame and spring to frame (front)...
Mine is a 99. My stock bushings squeak alot anyways so I'm use to it and will probably just use the OME ones since they can't be as bad as some Skyjacker ones I put in a Jeep that were loud as hell and fell apart in a year.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mine haven't settled yet so I can't comment
x2, I got just under 3" of lift and it hasn't settled yet, but I have only had them on for about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
the ome bushings squeek like hell at times. it comes and goes. i have the ome greasable shackles and their bushings.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The OME15A/B (first gen taco) are the older part numbers for the OME leafs.

They fit in the front, but the rears were too big and seemed like they were going to stretch out the eyelet too much.

I have the OME15A/B and I purchased stock bushings for the front eye and just had to be a man about putting them in, used a block of wood and BFH. As far as the rear eye bushings, used the ones that 4x4connection.com sells for their OME leafs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the OME15A/B and I purchased stock bushings for the front eye and just had to be a man about putting them in, used a block of wood and BFH. As far as the rear eye bushings, used the ones that 4x4connection.com sells for their OME leafs.
I assume they're poly bushings, right?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'm wanting to use bilstein 5100 shocks with my OME springs as I have heard good things about them and I can get them for a bit cheaper. What I'm wondering is what length do I need? The OME shocks say that they are long travel, but is that 8.5", 10" or what?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts