TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was just a week or two ago that we were talking about how much fun it would be to cruise Barnwell Mountain in the snow.

Y'all gettin' some up there?

The weatherman seems to think it's turning white in your neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
right now in n. dallas we are getting light snow and freezing rain mix. but it is turning the cars white. gilmer should only be getting some ice today. it ell you what, the dirve home won't be fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No snow here yet... It's cold though and getting colder. If it does snow I may just go see what the mountain looks like in white! It's good to live 15 minutes from there!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Midtrip said:
No snow here yet... It's cold though and getting colder. If it does snow I may just go see what the mountain looks like in white! It's good to live 15 minutes from there!
Keep us informed.

I just might have to make a special trip up there if there's good snow to play in.

It's 42 here in Houston now

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
32.8 here at work in Grapevine and 100% humidity (duh) cause it's snowing right now. It's not ice pellets like the morning part of the day was. It's actually white and I just got down from the roof of the place to take some pics. About 1/2" every where evenly and about 4" at some spots on the roof where the wind pushes it up against a wall. It's lovely weather, and me without a working 4x4 vehicle. Blast!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's 30.9F out here now. No major snow yet to speak of... Saw a few flurries earlier but it doesn't look like it's worth a four hour trip to see. I'll keep you guys posted. I'd love to take my kid out to BMRA this weekend and snow would be a perfect excuse!

CST

·
Registered
10 Posts
valkyrie said:
Snow will be gone by the weekend, maybe even tomorrow.

Neighborhoods still white, black, brown & yellow. :D
Yup... Ain't gonna amount to much aside from icy roads in the morning. Too bad...

CST

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too bad.

I see these pics posted by our colorado members and It looks like they are having a grand old time playing in the snow.

The Barnwell Snow Watchers Society will be keeping an eye out for the next chance to make a white run.

·
Registered
10 Posts
fast frank said:
Too bad.

I see these pics posted by our colorado members and It looks like they are having a grand old time playing in the snow.
I heard that... I was looking forward to it too. Unfortunately, this morning it is clear and cold and dry, dry, dry... Didn't even slip when driving to work on my bald-ass ATs.

Keep an eye out for a BARNWELL IS WHITE post and I'll let ya know if it happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
jon_7248
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing