TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after drinking a few beers last night i decided i would wake up pretty early and head to best buy 4am to buy a few more plasma/lcd TV's and a camcorder, got to best buy this morning and the line was 14 stores long plus it wrapped around the building just to get in. I know some of the people were there at 3pm yesterday. damn that, ill pay full price and leave the shopping to my woman.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
zszac111 said:
well after drinking a few beers last night i decided i would wake up pretty early and head to best buy 4am to buy a few more plasma/lcd TV's and a camcorder, got to best buy this morning and the line was 14 stores long plus it wrapped around the building just to get in. I know some of the people were there at 3pm yesterday. damn that, ill pay full price and leave the shopping to my woman.
Thats what the internet is for.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Crap, I just woke up - - by habit, not choice :(
Anyways, no damn plans to go out into that type of mess.
90% of my shopping is by internet.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red2003 said:
No way would I have UPS or FedEx deliver a plasma tv:eek:
x300000

they have broke shit that i have no clue how i could break it out of the box and all the bubble wrap. im just going to forget the plasma's for now since i have one in the living room and one in the bedroom, but i need to get a camcorder for a ride im going on this weekend.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I had the exact same thing happened to me. Normally I'm a camper and get in line around 12am on black Friday but this year I said "screw that!" after I saw the lines were already up to around 50-75 people at 7pm! I decided to just check to see how bad it got around midnight and it was just a madhouse. Every Best Buy that I drove by (5 total) had the exact same amount of people. The parking lots were nearly FULL and the store didn't open for 5 more hours. Saw A LOT of tents/canopy's. I agree, if you are going to wait in line for 12+ hours it's not even worth it. I think this year's PS3 waiters (getting in line DAYS before it came out) being all over the news showed people that it was acceptable to wait in line outside of a store for retarded amounts of time to get what you want.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Stores have sales all the time. What is the big deal about today?Is everything really that much cheaper or is it media blowing evrything out of proportion? No way I would wait in lines for days, hours or whatever.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
I did mine on the net this morning. Same deals they had in the stores and most have free shipping.

Although by the time I got on most of the real good deals at Bestbuy were sold out.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
zszac111 said:
head to best buy 4am to buy a few more plasma/lcd TV's and a camcorder,... ill pay full price
Feel free to send some of that extra money burning a hole in your pocket this way! :D

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I woke up early (not on purpose....thanks Xena *kicks dog*) and decided WTF....Frys had a decent computer case for free after rebate, so I hop on down....

Parking wasnt that bad, but god damn line inside the store wrapped around isles, and eventually ended at the END of the store. And my local Fry's is fawking huge, Costco size if not bigger. Fuck lines....I will pay the damn $70 for the case next week.

Sears, OTOH, had some killer tool deals this morning...and thier lines were short.

Then I browsed the mall and looked at lotsa MILF's....

Ended up doing more purchases over the web then in person....

Good website with lotsa deals posted daily is http://www.hotdealsclub.com/

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RedRunnertc said:
Feel free to send some of that extra money burning a hole in your pocket this way! :D
shit, i need to put money towards my truck or ill never get it back on all 4's and running, I went back up there around 10am and the line outside was gone, they still had some good stuff on sell but it was packed inside, ended up just getting a 60G HDD camcorder to record all of the flops/rolls we have on the trails :D

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Yeah sears has a good deal on ratchet wrenches.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I camped out from 12-5 in 30 degree windy best buy parking lot. I was about the 100th person there. The first got there at 4:30 pm the day before. I got the last camcorder on sale. Which is exactly what I came for. Hell I got a Samsung MiniDV camcorder, 8 tapes, a 2 gig Secure Digital card, and season 1 of prison break all for under 200. That is a damn good deal if you ask me. It would have cost 450+ otherwise. Was it worth it, yes but only cause I got what I wanted. Some of these people were there for 8-10 hours only to get beat to the door by some asshole that rolled up at 4:45 and stormed the door from the other end. Once inside it blew my mind what I saw. 1000 plus people fighting and trampling eachother only to get something they dont need or even want. All they know is that they are going home with something cause they had to deal with the mess. Women pushing babies in strollers through the mob, people cutting left and right, yelling, screaming, absolute madness. It was my first black friday experience and may be my last. That is unless i go next year to sit across the road and watch the madness.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
anyone that camps out for a day before the sales hit...... you ppl are NUCKING FUTS!

·
Registered
532 Posts
swank501 said:
Stores have sales all the time. What is the big deal about today?Is everything really that much cheaper or is it media blowing evrything out of proportion?
i picked up a 1 gig digi cam memory card for 3 bucks at circuit city and some dvds for 4 bucks a piece. but i didnt wait in line i just showed up when it opened. i ordered a dvd burner from bestbuy online for 30 bucks too. sweet. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
14 Participants
purity
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing