TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an FJ80 E-Locked front axle, I do have the chance to trade it for A Ford high pinion Dana 60. :D

I was wanting some input on what axle to put under a tacoma truck. I plan on buying a tacoma 96-04, and it is going to be my daily driver.
Oh, and I do have a dana 70 rear, 65 wms sitting in my garage already.

I`m leaning more towards the dana 60 HP Ford, it does sound easier to do.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How much are you looking at getting for the 80 axle? Any idea what gears are in it?

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I am going to go against the grain on this one. Use the axle you have already...dana 60's are getting harder and harder for the rest of us to find.:D

Okay, I'll go along go with the 60

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mswtoyota said:
How much are you looking at getting for the 80 axle? Any idea what gears are in it?
$1,400, 4:10`s, it is complete hub to hub, tie rod, and it is the ABS axle, if you make custom arms, you have a third hole on top to mount another pin or tap it for a stud. That is the way OTT industies use to do it when they made a hysteer kit for the fj80 axle, but they don`t make the arms anymore.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I keep my old 1990 toyota truck, then I will have the ford high pinion for sale. :D :D

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Scott39 said:
$1,400, 4:10`s, it is complete hub to hub, tie rod, and it is the ABS axle, if you make custom arms, you have a third hole on top to mount another pin or tap it for a stud. That is the way OTT industies use to do it when they made a hysteer kit for the fj80 axle, but they don`t make the arms anymore.
If you go FJ 80 talk to Slees off road, they are doing a new highsteer setup that doesn't require the tapping of the ABS hole. THey use the two existing bolts and add a dowel pin I think.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
PappaF2 said:
If you go FJ 80 talk to Slees off road, they are doing a new highsteer setup that doesn't require the tapping of the ABS hole. THey use the two existing bolts and add a dowel pin I think.
According to Slee:
"Here are some pictures of the 80 series high steer arms
we made. These use the two factory upper trunion bearing holes and a sheer style "bung" is welded into the ABS whole for a third bolt (no machining necessary). They are made with a whole for a 5/8" bolt that lines up with the original steering arm on the bottom of the knuckle for a double sheer design. They can be used with our without the lower arms although we have not tested them without the lower arms. We have a few sets in stock on the shelf."

Cruiser Outfitters will flip the axle for you to driver side drop.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ATLRoach said:
According to Slee:
"Here are some pictures of the 80 series high steer arms
we made. These use the two factory upper trunion bearing holes and a sheer style "bung" is welded into the ABS whole for a third bolt (no machining necessary). They are made with a whole for a 5/8" bolt that lines up with the original steering arm on the bottom of the knuckle for a double sheer design. They can be used with our without the lower arms although we have not tested them without the lower arms. We have a few sets in stock on the shelf."

Cruiser Outfitters will flip the axle for you to driver side drop.
Thanks for the info. I wouldn`t flip it, I would just order an atlas :D for it, and rework my exhaust. Or add a daul case Marlin pass side. :D

("Here are some pictures of the 80 series high steer arms
we made. These use the two factory upper trunion bearing holes and a sheer style "bung" is welded into the ABS whole for a third bolt (no machining necessary). They are made with a whole for a 5/8" bolt that lines up with the original steering arm on the bottom of the knuckle for a double sheer design. )

I can`t find this on there website, can you show where to find it?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks alot for the threads, I`m going to call slee if I don`t sell my axle, or trade it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts