TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark in Az said:
jeeper friend is looking for same with passenger drop - if someone hears of one
Found a ton of them on Pirate. I went back about 25 pages and found some good stuff.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Kaistie said:
Anyone interested in trading a 60 and a ff14 for a TRD blower?
including all the fuel mods and everything???
thought you had a 14bolt. haha what'd ya get a semi-float???

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grumpy said:
including all the fuel mods and everything???
thought you had a 14bolt. haha what'd ya get a semi-float???
No, its a FF. Most of the deals I see are for the 60 and 14 together as a package, so if I could get my hands on one of those that would be ideal. The one I have was so cheap that I can afford to look for a package deal.

If I do trade/sell the blower it will include the FTC, but not the pump, injectors, or stat. Those items are easy to acquire, and I will need them to run my truck

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Here are your KP options -
Ford
1978-79 F-350 and some F-250 (Snowfighter and High GVW packages)
1986-88 F-350 with dual rear wheels (DRW)
1988-91.5 F-350 with single rear wheels (SRW)

Kaistie said:
but would take BJ
who wouldn't :rolleyes:

·
Registered
327 Posts
TBob said:
Here are your KP options -
Ford
1978-79 F-350 and some F-250 (Snowfighter and High GVW packages)
1986-88 F-350 with dual rear wheels (DRW)
1988-91.5 F-350 with single rear wheels (SRW)

who wouldn't :rolleyes:
the only one that will fit a taco without ALOT of work is the 78-79
the dually one is worthless because by time you covert it to srw you mght as well get the one you need
and the other ones have a 37-39 inch spring width and just is not fesable for our trucks. trust me on this one i learned the hard way :D

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I think I may have found one, but its a package deal with a 70 rear. I haven't confirmed the year on the 60 yet. I should find out tonight. I know the 70 is harder to find parts for than a 14, but this is one is already built and its locked, and I don't anticipate ever having to replace parts again. If not I always have the 14 to fall back on. Thanks again for all the info guys. I have been reading everything I can find on the net. I am all bug-eyed now from staring at this screen for so long. I hope to have it all ready by the end of spring. Its a different worl from the 44 life, but still lots of cool info. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heatstroke said:
Dana 70 ='s rock anchor. Better plan on running a minimum of a 40" tire.
So are the 14 bolts. From everything I have read, the difference is negligable, and I am going to run a 40, or at min a 39.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
:confused: we're talking front axles

bentyota said:
the only one that will fit a taco without ALOT of work is the 78-79
the dually one is worthless because by time you covert it to srw you mght as well get the one you need
and the other ones have a 37-39 inch spring width and just is not fesable for our trucks. trust me on this one i learned the hard way :D

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
TBob said:
:confused: we're talking front axles

Yes Bob, Josh is talking front axles. The newer single rear axle and dually rear axle is paired with a different front axle. Those are costly and a pain to use because of several issues as Josh mentioned. That is why the best for us (and most) is the Ford 78 / 79 HP Front 60 which is why it is so coveted.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Yes Bob, Josh is talking front axles. The newer single rear axle and dually rear axle is paired with a different front axle. Those are costly and a pain to use because of several issues as Josh mentioned. That is why the best for us (and most) is the Ford 78 / 79 HP Front 60 which is why it is so coveted.
and why they cost so dam much!!!!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
what issues - spring perches :rolleyes:

Heatstroke said:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts