TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to put a feeler out there to see what might be available. I would like to get my hands on a Dana 60 king pin, Driver drop of course. I need it to be SWR with internal lockout hubs. Oh, Ford BTW. I would take a BJ set up if the price is right, but prefer the king pin.

I have already scoured Pirate, I know what is there, I want to see what is here.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Have you contacted Highonda yet to see what he can do? Also Mh4Runner is selling some in the vendor section on pirate.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, just replied to his post. I might have seen the ones on Pirate. I spent all day on there reading everything I could find. I am just getting into the 60 world from the 44 and am trying to learn as much as possible. There is a wealth of info over there. I saw tons of pass drop, but not many driver drop KP, or they were sold. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Kaistie said:
Thanks, just replied to his post. I might have seen the ones on Pirate. I spent all day on there reading everything I could find. I am just getting into the 60 world from the 44 and am trying to learn as much as possible. There is a wealth of info over there. I saw tons of pass drop, but not many driver drop KP, or they were sold. Thanks again.
If you can find a 78-79 Ford D60, it's driver drop, high pinion and it will bolt in place of your 44 (the spring perch widths are the same) if you are running a Waggy 44. Another idea I had was to find a Chevy D60 and have it re-tubed to driver drop since Chevy knuckles are burlier than Fords. Chevy's also have the correct spring perch width if you are running a Waggy 44 :)

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am currently running a 44 so that sounds like an option. I was thinking about linking it, but we'll see. I am on the man hunt for that elusive 78-79 Ford. Will my currnt steering setup work, assuming I have hydro assist? Does anyone want to trade a 1978 D60 and a FF14 for a TRD blower and URD FTC?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Kaistie said:
Yeah, I saw that one, just a tad out of my price range. I was drooling when I saw it.

consider this: how much do you think that ford HP D60 is going to cost? most go for ~2K. you already have the 14bolt. rebuilding both front and rears will cost you ~2K thats with lockrite and detroit. if you are planning to convert to
rear disc that an additional ~600 unless you have core calipers or don't care about Ebrake. so 5K is a good deal. I would have jumped on it if I had the $$ now.
on second thought, I'll check into it and sell you my 60 and 14bolt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Heatstroke
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing