TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to solve the dash rattle? Mine happens only when it is cold in the mornings on the passenger side. I remember seeing something in the old forum but can't get back there and I searched here but couldn't find.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not had my Taco very long (04 Xtra TRD) because I was a Jeep man since 1990. My view is that you should try to have the location down before going to the dealer. My rattle ..after putting several people in my truck was coming from my side from the middle of the dash to the door. I made an appointment and then cancelled it because I could not pin point it exactly. If I hit the top of the dash on a cold day or rough roads there it was or at least I thought it was the dash for two months. It was really getting bad since here in chi-Town we have had some bad weather. Then one day I closed the driver side door and heard it which didn't make sense since I assumed it was in the dash. What I found was hitting various areas was the small fuse plastic holder was making all the noise (driver side next to the hood release). Mounting point on one side is a machine screw but the other is a molded piece of plastic theat snaps into a metal section. I believe that was the area (metal on plastic) which I spray lubricated and there has been no rattle or crackel since. My fingers are crossed.

Maddog

·
Registered
157 Posts
Try jamming something in between the windshield and the dash near where the rattle is. I used a length of windshield washer tubing about 3/16" and ran it the length of the windshield in between the glass and the plastic. No more rattle.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I got some 1/2 thick caulk backing from home depot and stuffed it down between the windshield and dash.Never heard anymore nosie.You can't see the foam so it works for me.Good Lucik
Later Joe

·
Registered
40 Posts
mudferret said:
Here's the TSB on CT.
take it to the dealer, there's a TSB and they have to perform the work for free. Something to do with wire harness clips that break or that suck. Mine was only barely making the sound but I had them do it anyway. Warning - the foam or whatever they use really stinks the cab up for a few days afterwards.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. Does the dealer pay to repair when there is a TSB? My extended warranty just expired!

·
Registered
369 Posts
A Great way to get rid of the rattle is take of the super swampers. Mine rattles all over the place its a lost cause. But I love the tires so I deal with it. Just turn the radio up a lil higher.

·
Registered
40 Posts
taugust said:
Thanks for the info. Does the dealer pay to repair when there is a TSB? My extended warranty just expired!
I am not really sure concerning the warranty. But here's a link to the TSB.
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/files/dash_rattle_tsb.pdf
actually, it says in the TSB (follow the link),
Warranty Information:
Applicable Warranty*:
This repair is covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in
effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service
date.
* Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's
specific complaint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts