TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I spent this past weekend putting the daystar 2 1/2" polyurethane spacer lift on a buddies '99 tacoma and i've put on 5 or 6 spacer lifts on these 98-00 model tacoma's and this is the first time i've ever used the daystar lift, and it was by far the worst lift i've ever put on, if you want spacers in the front i highly suggest you go with metal rather than polyurethane, I will never agree to put on a polyurethane spacer lift again in a tacoma, i didn't think it'd be all that bad i've put polyurethane spacers in wrangler TJ's before and it worked out fine, but on these tacoma's i'd stay away

·
Registered
670 Posts
toyotaman21 said:
so I spent this past weekend putting the daystar 2 1/2" polyurethane spacer lift on a buddies '99 tacoma and i've put on 5 or 6 spacer lifts on these 98-00 model tacoma's and this is the first time i've ever used the daystar lift, and it was by far the worst lift i've ever put on, if you want spacers in the front i highly suggest you go with metal rather than polyurethane, I will never agree to put on a polyurethane spacer lift again in a tacoma, i didn't think it'd be all that bad i've put polyurethane spacers in wrangler TJ's before and it worked out fine, but on these tacoma's i'd stay away
I put Cornfed Spacers on my truck, I thought about putting Daystar spacers on mine, but I saw that they were plastic and changed my mind. I have no problems with my Cornfed Spacers:cool: Easy to install, and looks good:rolleyes: What went wrong with the Daystar lift?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about my rant and rave and sorry if i offended anyone that has them and likes them a tad more than i do, but the reason they sucked so bad was since they were plastic they wouldn't go into the coil spring (bottom of spacer, top of spring) the spring would just jam up the lip of the spacer, it was a lot more trouble putting them on than it was worth in my opinion, they were significantly cheaper than a metal spacer was, but i guess you get what you pay for

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'd go 2.5" IMO but thats just because I did, and i like the way my truck looks:D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I just want to raise the front to level it out with the back, because i plan on keeping 265's just for gas milage and stuff, and I hate that slanted look.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just got a set from a fellow TTORA member. Oh well gonna try em out anyways.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
bostedo123 said:
Yeah, I just want to raise the front to level it out with the back, because i plan on keeping 265's just for gas milage and stuff, and I hate that slanted look.
I'd say the 2" would level your truck out, unless your front coils have sagged a lot in comparison to your rear leafs.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i actually did the daystar 1 inch lift once and it levelled the truck out just right... i was able to throw the 265-75s on, and from there, i ended up goin balls out and gettin coilovers and deavers... so yah, 1 inch to level... 2.5" set me nose high later...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts