TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I just bought myself my first tacoma, a 97 shortbox standard cab 2.7 4x4. I'm from Canada and i drove down and bought it in Washington state and drove it back. Anyways, i need to get it inspected to get it licensed here. It has to have daytime running lights to pass inspection. A friend of mine gave me this little "Hamsar" unit that was on his CRV he bought which was also American. It has a power wire, ground, 2 leads one for each headlight, and then two other wires which i figure are for a switch power. Have any of you added DRL to your tacoma. If so could you please help so i can get this little truck o the road. It hurts just having it sit here. Thanks guys

·
Registered
552 Posts
Are you saying this truck has no headlights or what? There are allot of post made on here and other sites about hooking up running or fog lights. Just do a search. You will want to use a relay to hook them up.Mike
http://www.ttora.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1538272

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Mike-in-WV said:
Are you saying this truck has no headlights or what? There are allot of post made on here and other sites about hooking up running or fog lights. Just do a search. Mike
no you poop head he is asking about installing a daytime running light module. i'm sure his lights work fine. but they need to be on at all times while the vehicle is on.

·
Registered
552 Posts
hawaiianbro said:
no you poop head he is asking about installing a daytime running light module. i'm sure his lights work fine. but they need to be on at all times while the vehicle is on.
Thanks for clearing that up. That's not what I read. Never heard of a law stating that you must have your lights on at all times. Must be so the Moose, rain-deer and Bear can see him coming. :rolleyes: I know that some manufactures tried that but it didn't go over very well. Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, in Canada our vehicles have to have front lights on at all times. All my headlights work fine, i just need to have them so they run when the truck is running. I might remove this option at a later date, but it needs to pass inspection so i can drive it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
rosscopeeko said:
Yeah, in Canada our vehicles have to have front lights on at all times. All my headlights work fine, i just need to have them so they run when the truck is running. I might remove this option at a later date, but it needs to pass inspection so i can drive it.
Yep, I understand what your saying. We need to hook up the lights so they come on and off with the truck . I'm going to see if I can find the wiring diagram for mine. It's set up so that you can run them either way. I'll see what I can find and I'm sure that others on here may be able to help you right now, Mike

·
Registered
552 Posts
rosscopeeko said:
This should really help you, Mike

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=94265

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help but i don't think that mod will pass inspection by our provincial government. I bought a little kit that should do the trick. I hope there isn't any tricks to the install. Anyways, if anyone has any other ideas let me know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi ! I recently bought a 95 Tacoma in New Jersey. I live in Canada too. Go to Canadian Tire and they sell a daytime running light kit for about $30. Easy to install, ground wire,wire attaches to 1 headlight wire,a wire wraps around a spark plug wire and your done. Works great to get it "inspected"...(thats another joke! more like a money grab.....) hope this helps!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts