TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck in for some insurance work and the Toyota tech said I should have the drum brakes cleaned and E brake adjusted. I said what the hell and paid 40 dollars for the service but Dont think it did much. The E brake definatley has a better feel but the truck stops absolutely no different than it did before. Did he just adjust the Ebrake? I thought they could self adjust by putting the e brake on and backing up. Do they not? Also, could my accident that bent the rear rim and driver side axle, cause the E brake to loosen? Just wondering if it should go towards my deductable?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
cleaning the brakes probably wouldnt make much difference in feel. the ebrake just gets stretched out over time and occasionally needs to be adjusted. idk about the insurance crap but its only 40 bucks anyways

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
My stealership told me the rear brakes needed cleaning and it was $65's, I told him no thanks and went out and got a can of brake cleaner ($3.39) and sprayed he shit out of the drum's. Saved 60 + $'s.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Yeah air hose and a can of brake cleaner. Parking brake gets adjusted just by pulling on it multiple times. You got hosed, but atleast not for too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts