TTORA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a rant than anything else. I bought a used 4Runner from a local Toyota dealer with an extended warranty and foolishly sprung for an "all maintenance" plan. As time goes by I get more skeptical that this plan covers much of anything besides free oil changes. I realize this is all just a scam to get people in the door. Funny how when I was there today the service manager approached each customer separately to inform them the multi-point inspection shows each of them needed an alignment and a fuel system cleaning. Or a throttle body cleaning for $289. WTF would they really do that's worth that?

From the posted prices on the wall, the oil change costs $80 and most anything else is triple digit prices. I might consider i a good deal that I'm getting that $80 value (pfffft) for free but they're only changing oil & filter, not obvious (to me) related stuff like air filter. I'm tempted to use a paint pen or something to secretly put some marks on things under the hood to see if they're really checking anything.

I know this is all Captain Obvious stuff. The dealer's gotta make money but I'm gonna look over my paperwork and see how much this "deal" is really costing me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts