1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ass hats, too bad they didn't completly bury one of the trucks and had to spend hours and hours digging it out.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Know what?

I don't like seasonal gates.

In fact, I don't like gates on public land at all. Instead of gates, I'd like to see epic mandatory towing & recovery fees for people who tread where they ought not have...you stuck, you get out, or you pay. You cause property damage, you pay. You die, your fault.

Gates are just more nanny state. You know there's a snow gate at damn near every entrance/exit along I70 between Golden and Eagle County? Wasn't that way before...wasn't even that way last year.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm with sean. The snow gates on I-70 piss me off. But it's true, shit like this will get even more gates put up.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Aside from the gate... cool video, cool trucks...

·
20,355 Posts
I agree with Sean, but once the gates there you gotta abide by it. This should have never gotten put up on youtube.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think they should just enstate a new law. Anybody that is out wheeling and sees someone go off trail or into closed trails, gets to hog tie them and leave them in the trees.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
In my opinion that is a EVIL EVIL website.
I would hate to see all those trails get shut down.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If black marks on slick rock is damage then why the hell would it be open to trucks? I saw nothing wrong with the EJS video and it looked like they were all on trail.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
And somehow, it's still all Bush's fault.

SUWA is...pretty messed up. The only video there that was at all potentially dubious was maybe the first, maybe. The rest were all on-route. I don't know what their problem is...well, I do, it's motorized & mechanized recreation, but I don't know what their problem is with vehicles remaining on established routes as shown in each of their videos.

Oh, and I'm sure the driver of that Jeep just totally wanted to roll, man...dude...bro...y0...:rolleyes:. Stupid SUWA.

But back to the original topic, I am getting sick of nanny gates, and there should definitely be a better way of having them removed. At the moment, adding them is completely arbitrary and takes little more than an administrative afterthought. Removing them takes an act of Congress or a natural disaster.

I guess those last two are the same thing, huh :D...

·
Registered
438 Posts
... Removing them takes an act of Congress or a natural disaster.

I guess those last two are the same thing, huh :D...
Dude, there's nothing natural about an act of Congress... :lmao:

·
7,735 Posts
Having lived in california I feel confidant in saying you have no idea what a true nanny state is. Colorado is no where near.. .yet.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I noticed the dead link too. Shitheads. There is a trail out in SoCal that was closed due to "black tire marks on the rocks"... We parked at the trailhead when we saw the signs indicating that it was now closed. And the signs said black rubber tire marks were why they closed it -- guess what, there was no black left of the rocks anywhere and we hiked it all the way to the end and this was a new closure at the time. It doesn't take very long for those tire marks to completely disappear. Ever go to moab in the winter? Trails that were obvious by the two thick black tire marks in the spring are often very hard to find by December. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts