TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hit a piece of road equipment this morning that was moving westbound in my east bound lane. didnt see it until late, it was still dark and had no becon on it of any sorts. my neck is pretty jacked up and the taco is dead. I guess its wheeling the 4 runner from now on. bought a new pickup id been looking at though, guess i didnt have much of a choice, got to have something to drive. im suing the city for my damages now even though i was written the citation. there was no way i could have avoided it, even if i had seen it in time. It only had liability on it so its mine to keep for now. what do i do with it? im thinking buggy myself if it still runs. well have to see, let me know what ya think we should build from it.

2000 dodge diesel

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
that shit'll buff out :rofl:

Seriously, if it runs and the frame is straight, or striaghtenable, it doesn't look that bad. Need a hood and headlight, otherwise upgrade to some 'glass fenders and a beefy bumper, and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shes gettin chopped! gonna torch off hte front end this weekend and see what the damage to the engine is. hopefully it will run. Well see i guess after we torch the hood off. i cant even get it open with a hammer and prybar. im thinking formula toy, mix it up a bit and use a taco instead of a pickup. it shall live again :saw: :welder:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Glad you are ok. Keep us posted about what you decide to do...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya the cab is still in stable shape, doors still open and shut fine except for hitting whats left of the fender. hopefully it will be running this weekend at least. im thinking just use firewall back, ditch the bed and flatbed it, SAS, some lockers and exo and it ought to go fairly decent. anyone go a waggy 44 housing?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Part out taco...

buy exhaust, chip, injectors, and a bigger turbo for your cummins!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm, very interesting. found out its already got aftermarket exaust on it today. went to go get it straight piped and its got a resonator and muffler on it thats not stock. looks like a whole system actually. im gonna have to track down the old owner and ask them about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
98taco3
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing