TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm editting video of WWII Vet now!
I can NOT wait to show my wife that, I don't think she believed me!

This was a GREAT trip, I'll get some vid's and pics up as soon as I can.

·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the pics I took: http://www.lasvegashikes.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=29 and the following are some highlights from the album.

Charlie and I went up a day early on Friday in order to avoid the 5 AM rush hour.

The high road up Pleasant Canyon

The low road...hint: don't go this way if you value your paint ;)

Clair Mine Camp

World Beater Mine Camp where Charlie and I stayed Friday night and the rest of the crew met us on Saturday morning

Rogers Pass, elev 7160.

South Park Canyon, approach to Chicken Rock (sign says ATVs and bikes only and we'll see why shortly :eek: )

Bridge closed to full sized vehicles... WTF :confused:

Weight limit 3 tons. Hmm...what's a fully laden Land Crusher weigh? Talk about sketchy. Chuck was a real trooper!

Our home on Saturday night

Another sketchy shelf road.

The Panamint Valley

Top Gear Falls in Goler wash heading for the Mengel Pass

Barker Ranch, home of the Manson family

Mengel Pass

Striped Butte

What a great trip. The weather was perfect, the company was awesome, the wheeling was phenomenal. No one broke anything save some minor body lacerations ;)

Death Valley is an impressive place that we merely scratched the surface of and I can't wait to get back there soon for more exploration!

·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a GPS track of the whole weekend, I can try to extract the dirt miles from it when I get home. The whole trip for me was about 400 miles, I figure about 150 or so on dirt as a guess.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Nice pictures!! Looks like you all had a great time!! :D

How did Chuck deal with the whole Camping thingy??!! :confused::p

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Chuck adjusted well even though he woke up for a pizza break at 0dark:30 on Saturday night :rofl:

Did Pizza Hut deliver??!! :lmao: :rofl:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
15 Participants
Ludedude
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing