TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trip turned out great although we felt the wrath of Mother Nature!

On the way out to Death Valley the weather was not bad.

Pulled into Ballarat and got a couple of beers from Rocky.

The town has some history for sure.

Then we headed up Pleasant Canyon.

We rolled up to Clair Camp. Clair Camp is near the site of Henry Ratcliff's Never Give Up Mine and the Montgomery brothers' World Beater Mine, both of which began in 1896. In 1930, a man named W.D. Clair bought the Ratcliff Mine and began to work the tailings, successfully bringing out another 60,000 in gold ore. At that time, the site took the name of Clair Camp.

Then we headed to World Beater but unfortunately it was already occupied.

We ended up taking refuge down in one of Claire's outbuildings. (No photos due to the weather) The first night it stormed in Biblical proportions. We had incredible rain, almost horizontal sleet and ice (due to the winds coming off the mountain side), we even had a few snowflakes.

Placeholder...much more to come.;)

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Steve went on a morning run

He proceeded to seize the hill and completed his recon mission

As he was heading back some MX guys came rolling around the lower shelf road

The storm left a small lake on the flats

We made it to our camp for the second night via the valley. (Cabin photos will not be posted, you had to be there.)

We all agreed that the Chicken Pass ledge was too risky due to the high level of rainfall the night before. But the group decided to hike up to the area on foot to survey the trail.

The night came and around the fire good times were had.

Next morning we took a side trail to Suitcase Mine - this turned out to be the hardest switchback trail I have ever seen. So I took it and Steve (BJMoose) followed with his reg cab and had to perform some five point turns!
I had to drive backwards at every other switch back because I could not turn the truck around at the switch back points. It was more of a mule trail.

The best part of the trip is still to come - stay subbed....

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sry guys but between training at work and working a buying a house I've been just to busy to post.

Updates coming

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Glory
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing