TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll post another one but I'm keeping it short because nobody seems to care about traveling much anymore. We are leaving Wed afternoon-evening on New Year's Eve. Camp around Dumont dunes area and watch some fireworks. Then Thur am we will head into Death Valley from the south via Saratoga springs rd/Harry wade trail. We will hopefully get a cabin but you never know about those. Eventually we want to end up at the Hot springs up north. Most likely we will not go more north than the hot springs, we will turn back around and exit via south pass, the same way we came in at least back to Panamint springs. Hopefully we can make it to Echo canyon some time as well, but that might be too much. Post up if you want to join us!

1. Sngltrak1 (Steve, boy, and either my daughters or my sons friends).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it looks like the usual group so far....for those who can't leave Wed you could meet us at the start of Saratoga rd on Thursday morning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
RISK AND REWARD

Personally, driving twelve hours, setting up camp in dark, crap for dinner, and nothing to see when you get there isn't enough reward for me.

Went on a Sat night (Angels Peak) and Sun Morning trip (over the mountain at Nelson) with VV 4 wheelers and got home few hours later, discussed tires and equipment during the breaks, was far more enjoyable for me.

Nothing to do with you, just VV4W go on trips most weekends with ten trucks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
To each his own I guess. Day trips are fun but for me there's nothing better than getting to places 99% of people are not able/willing to go. Plus there is only so many trails and so much to see near Vegas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alright, you guys get another solid maybe out of me on this one ha ha. I have secured Jan 2nd off from work so that's out of the way. Guess I still need to change the oil since it's been about 1.5 years and probably need to spray paint the tree damaged area from October's trip, and probably need to get some more whiskey. So yeah, you can see that I've got quite a bit to do!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is your since of adventure Danny???? The stuff you described is what makes these trips fun! Different stoked for different folks I guess.

Jim....sounds like your in!! You can't miss a trip to the springs...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well looks like the usual 3....that works for me! Leaving Thur am....meeting at Gas station on hwy 160 by the turnoff for red rock canyon 7:30. See ya'll there!!

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Won't make this one but look forward to hearing the AAR especially regarding the weather conditions and temps. Have a good time and be safe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Glory
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing