TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to red cone this weekend. Now everytime I hit a dip in the road or bump I get the crazy bad death wobble. I had this happen in the past and replaced my trunnion bearings and all was fixed. I don't have any tools or anything where I live and my buddy might be too busy at his shop to help. What's the going rate for a shop to replace the trunnion bearings. I'm guessing just a total knuckle rebuild will cover it b/c they will be taken apart anyways to replace the bearings.
Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I've gone over all the things that could have loosened up like shackles, tie rods ends, steering arms, steering box.etc and they all seem pretty tight. I had the exact same thing happen before and replaced my trunnions and it was fine. I think the wheeling last weekend toasted them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did. Turns out my trunions were fine. I recheck everything again closer, and my bushings were practically gone in my shackles which caused everything to move around and the death wobble was strong.
Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
ALoo
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing