TTORA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The front end was starting to look pretty sad and was too flimsy from cutting away so much of the core support and body mounts, so I've decided to rework it all. I plan to start on a cage soon, so I need the practice on the tube bender and with welding tube anyway. I'd rather screw up with the HREW that I have laying around than with the DOM I'll be using for the cage.

Chop chop :saw:

New grill.

Radiator mounts.

Tied the new hoop into the shock hoops.

Right now the hoop dead ends about 5" into the cowl, but it'll get tied into the A pillars on the cage later.

Bent the fenders in and cut the hood to match. Gonna be running some cheapo lights I had laying around for now. Still need to tie the front into the frame, build a new crossbar for the shocks since the hood sits lower now, and mount all the crap that was on the fenders somewhere.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Got a little more done this weekend. Re-did the shock cross bar, mounted some junk, and tied the front into the frame.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Jobs are overrated. I've got one, and it's always getting in the way of important shit, like sleeping in, drinking beer during the day, and wheeling!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
We're just doing it wrong man. My neighbor has been on unemployment, welfare, etc for the 4 years that I've lived here and he's living better than I am with my full time job. His damn wheels and tv's keep getting bigger, and there's never a shortage of beer around his place. I've been taking notes, in case I decide to become a worthless leech on society someday.
Sorry for the rant, it's a hot button issue for me.:soapbox:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I picked up my spare block from the machine shop yesterday. Had it decked, bored .020 over, and magnufluxed. Hopefully, I can get it put back together and broken in before AZRocks., otherwise I'll be wheeling the fog machine, sorry.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice build.
If you had the block decked much you should have had the timing cover decked with it since the head sits over both.

·
Registered
442 Posts
yup we are all paying for his tvs and beer. rig is looking good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Nice build.
If you had the block decked much you should have had the timing cover decked with it since the head sits over both.
Thank you. Good looking out! The block and timing cover were both decked .006".

yup we are all paying for his tvs and beer. rig is looking good.
No kidding :mad:
Thanks.

The motor is starting to come together.

·
Registered
442 Posts
shiny too bad it wont stay like that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
shiny too bad it wont stay like that.
No kidding. It'll probably get fubared just dropping it in, I can't have nice things.

Looks good man!

Maybe we live in the same neighborhood cuz I have a guy near me that doesn't work and has some Bling Bling on his car.
They keep multiplying! Does yours play oompah music too?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Found the cause of my smoke. Valve guides are shot.

Opted for a brand spankin new head from Engine Builder.

Also sent the injectors out to Witchhunter. Turns out they were in decent shape to begin with, but now they're clean and and have new seals.

Into it's new home.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Got all the sheet metal back on yesterday and ran it a little. Have a lot of things I plan to change/redo, especially electrical, but it can wait til after AZRocks. Needs some sort of grill and I don't think I like how the fenders are trimmed.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Your dog is ready to go wheeling and check out the flex again.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
About this Discussion
83 Replies
15 Participants
shokk86
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing