TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have been searching and asking several questions in preparation for a lift in the near future. I have noted that many like the Deaver 3 leaf AAL. Since I tow trailers often I really cannot afford to lose any load capacity. After reading several posts and the Demello website it appears that it is possible to install the Deaver AAL and leave the overload spring intact. I assume this will provide around 1.75-2.0" of lift while maintaining the load capacity. Am I thinking right? Also has anyone installed this AAL with the overload intact?

And before you suggest new springs from Alcan etc. I have looked into that and for the money I don't think that would be a good option right now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
OK I have been searching and asking several questions in preparation for a lift in the near future. I have noted that many like the Deaver 3 leaf AAL. Since I tow trailers often I really cannot afford to lose any load capacity. After reading several posts and the Demello website it appears that it is possible to install the Deaver AAL and leave the overload spring intact. I assume this will provide around 1.75-2.0" of lift while maintaining the load capacity. Am I thinking right? Also has anyone installed this AAL with the overload intact?

And before you suggest new springs from Alcan etc. I have looked into that and for the money I don't think that would be a good option right now.

I dont see why not, just check if the centering pins and the u bolts are long enough.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that's what I thought.

I still would like to know if anyone has tried this.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I am going to be putting my overload back in with my deaver 3leaf pack. Im going to be buying a boat and putting a toolbox in full time. It will limit a bit of travel in the back, but ya it will help with load capacity. It will also help stop the pack from going into negative arch, thus decreasing leaf sag. It will also increase the lift like you said.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh, and remember your stock U-Bolts wont be long enough anymore. Any decient rear end place will have longers U-Bolts for you.
How much longer should the ubolts be? I just got a set of these bad boys and was wondering what I would need to install them? Is there anything else that I'm going to need when I go to install them?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have done this and it work out fine. And the u bolts are long enough.
just put it back in the same way it came out.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have done this and it work out fine. And the u bolts are long enough.
just put it back in the same way it came out.

No, the U-Bolts are not long enough for the extra leafs in a Deaver 3-pack AND the overload. Plus the threads get fucked after you cranked them down more than a couple of times, so you want to replace them either way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Here's my idea.

1. Demello Stage 1 lift package $1345

or

2. a. SAW 2.0 adjustable coilovers from E-shocks $636
b. 5100 Bilstein shocks from Wheelers $149
c. Deaver 3 leaf aal from Demello $180

Total $965

Of course I will probably need brake lines and u-bolts, but I would need those with the 1st option as well. I don't go offroad a lot so I don't think the SAW 2.0 will be an issue.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I got option A. It came with a longer brake hose, but I wouldnt base any package off that.. its a 20 dollar part at the most.

Both packages are great honestly. If you beat your truck really hard, or plan on putting on alot of front weight, go with the donahoes. They are guranteed not to sag, I believe. On the other hand, many people have rode the SAW's really hard and love them still.

Do you want 400$ and great suspension, or 0$ and the best? Your call. I am sure you can get longer U-Bolts from any online suspension place. If you tell them what you are doing, they probably can get the right length as well.

Edit: After reading that you dont offroad much, get the SAWs for sure. They are great. If you dont offroad much, the OME's are also a great option. Some people beat them up offroad every weekend and say they are awesome. No need for the donahoes/camburgs though

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I want the adjustability the SAWs or Donahoes provide. I recently installed an ARB bumper and may want a winch in the future so the adjustment will come in handy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts