TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a 1" Cornfed shackle with my stock leaf pack in the rear. I want to lift the rear 1.5" and have been looking around for an alternative route other then another shackle. I was looking into the Deaver 3 leaf AAL and wanted to know how they rode. Is anyone running this setup? I don't want too rough of a ride. I already have 5100's in the rear.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
They are a very nice aal. Ride much smoother, due to the fact that you remove the overload leaf. My buddy has 'em on his 01 extra cab with 5100s and it is a very nice setup.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Light years better than the stock setup. Ride very nice, gets rid of the hopping rear end.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have it and it's great..I would recommend it in a minute..

·
Registered
360 Posts
EDM said:
How will they ride with the stock shackle?

Shakel size should have very little to no effect on the ride.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My uncle and I did a standard AAL and it wasn't to bad. Where are you in So Cal?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
it's going to be 4 bolts for the AAL pack and 2 for the shackle. unless you add spring clamps.

if you don't know the ubolts should be torqued to 95 ft-lbs.
not sure about the shackles, but i'd get them pretty damn tight

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I was wondering is how do you hold the stock leaf pack together while you are installing the new leaf pack? Since you have to take the old centering pin out before you can install the new one.

·
Registered
360 Posts
1.5" I believe

·
Registered
41 Posts
cant you just flip the overload spring and get 1.5" lift in the rear?

I heard someone saying thats how you can clear 33's in the rear w/ the stock leafs. Is this true?

·
Registered
168 Posts
rjdeluca said:
cant you just flip the overload spring and get 1.5" lift in the rear?

I heard someone saying thats how you can clear 33's in the rear w/ the stock leafs. Is this true?
Ya, true you may be able to get that much lift, but you would run the risk of snapping your leafs in half. Not a good idea really.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
4BYnTacoma said:
1.5" I believe
You are correct...1.5" is exactly what they advertise and gave me..

·
Registered
351 Posts
will the ride be level or a little higher i the rear if i go with OME 882.n91 combo up front and the deaver aal in the back. a little higher in the back would be ok since a do a little hauling and pulling.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't know how much lift those springs give but if you want to keep it a little high in the back don't lift the front more then about a half inch or so more then you are lifting the back.

I have 2.5" CF spacers which have settled to about 2-2 1/4" of lift and 1 1/4" Downey shackles in the back and my truck sits fairly level.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
TMS2U said:
With the deaver progressive AAL, how much shock travel are you guys runnin?
You can get away with the stock length, but it is better to go up to a 9" travel shock, or a 10" if doing the relocation or a combo of shackle&AAL.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts