TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just have a pro comp AAL just like you. My rear suspension has pretty good flex. There is not much you can do to increase it with the stock springs. The AAL and overload will no hinder droop very much if any. My truck rubs in back with the AAL and 3" body lift. Don't want it to stuff any more than that. If you really want more flex, start lookin at custom springs or 63" chevy's. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
A buddy of mine got them, and loves the ride; and compared to when I had my single aal, I would say I would agree. I can't speak for the flex though, as he is a street queen. They are only good for 1.5" of lift though :\ so if you are looking for 3" up front you'll need a shackle to complete it.

There are pictures of his installed on my site, in the rigs section- under the 01 extended cab.

If you are after more flex, I used a second pack and rebuilt my stock pack, with great success. Modding the stock retaining clamp you can get another 1" of droop. Right now I am getting 13" cycled bump stop to bump stop.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I put them on, and I was shocked how much less hopping around my tail end does. It used to light up and bounce all over. Now, if I do spin going around a corner or in the rain, it just settles down really quick and easy. I'm guessing like 70% of the axlewrap went away. I got 2"SOLID out of my pack, and there has been no more settling after the first 2 weeks. And, they do take harsh landings well. Found out the hard way a week ago. I would have crashed with the original setup... I'd have kept pogo'ing into the weeds for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have them with a 1.25" shackle and Bilstein 5100's..The combo is just awesome..Flex like crazy and rides great..Just my .02..

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
01tacoboy said:
I just have a pro comp AAL just like you. My rear suspension has pretty good flex. There is not much you can do to increase it with the stock springs. The AAL and overload will no hinder droop very much if any. My truck rubs in back with the AAL and 3" body lift. Don't want it to stuff any more than that. If you really want more flex, start lookin at custom springs or 63" chevy's. Good luck.
63" Chevy springs give way to much lift. I have done 2 trucks with the chevy springs and I got about 7" of rear lift and the other person got about 6".

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ptrautne said:
63" Chevy springs give way to much lift. I have done 2 trucks with the chevy springs and I got about 7" of rear lift and the other person got about 6".
interesting, Dean didn't get anywhere near that much lift on his Dcab, maybe 4".

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
hytenor said:
interesting, Dean didn't get anywhere near that much lift on his Dcab, maybe 4".
The other person only has about 2" of lift up front now, so we are going to remove the last leaf or overload to get the amount down some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
ptrautne
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing