TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of new leaf springs on my 01 , I have heard good things about the Deavers... anyone have input on using them with my Daystar lift shackles ??? thanks...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have the deaver add-a leaf pack. It was the best thing for the rear of my taco. The pack keeps the progressive nature of the rear, and doesn't put any funky flex on the spring pack. I got 2-1/8" lift when empty, which went down to 1-7/8 after loading gear in it and launching it up near Kern river. No sweat.... I like the feel. Stiffer, but not harsh. With some longer braced shackles, it would be even a little softer on impact. It almost cured the wheelhop completely, as it was horrible before. With my new shocks, I expect even more nirvana to come.Good luck. Paul.

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
JUSTINAZ said:
I am in need of new leaf springs on my 01 , I have heard good things about the Deavers... anyone have input on using them with my Daystar lift shackles ??? thanks...
How much life does the shackle give you?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
depends on how long the shackle is, and on shackle location. In stock location, about an 80% lift/length ratio. Hence, 2" longer shackle, about 1-1/2-1-3/4 inch lift. Shackles tend to help by giving more total travel, and keeping the same ride quality. By moving shackle mounting location, you can get different rates of sweep in the articulation, kinda like a different linkage on a dirt bike or street bike changes leverage ratios. BUT.... you are playing with fire if you try this route. Check with the wizards on that stuff, or get BURNED....

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have the Deaver progressive 3 leaf pack with a Daystar 1.25" shackle and Bilstein 5100's on my 97 v-6 std cab..This gives me approx 3" of lift with the stock leaf pack. The ride is just plain great..

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
JUSTINAZ said:
I have sold a couple kits like this, you end up with about 3in of lift in the rear if you run the shakle also. But it depends on how much weight your carrying?

·
Registered
360 Posts
rojodiablo said:
I have the deaver add-a leaf pack. It was the best thing for the rear of my taco. The pack keeps the progressive nature of the rear, and doesn't put any funky flex on the spring pack. I got 2-1/8" lift when empty, which went down to 1-7/8 after loading gear in it and launching it up near Kern river. No sweat.... I like the feel. Stiffer, but not harsh. With some longer braced shackles, it would be even a little softer on impact. It almost cured the wheelhop completely, as it was horrible before. With my new shocks, I expect even more nirvana to come.Good luck. Paul.

Did you leave in your overload leaf or take it out?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Take out the overload..The 3 leaf pack replaces it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts