TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think this would work?

Since I dont have the green for a full Deaver/Donahoe kit right now, I was thinking of getting just the rear Deaver leaf's for the rear, and slapping in the 3" cornfed Ive got sitting in my garage up front. Think this will work untill Ive got enough cash for the coilovers? If the ass would be up too high, I could just make the Cornfed a 2.5" by taking off the gasket..... Any thoughts.....

Oh, and Ive also got some Rancho RS5000's that came with the Cornfed... Will they work with the Deavers?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
that will work but you will not get the full benifits of the leafpack with such crappy shocks. your truck also might not ride/handle very well since the suspension will not be very balanced very well from front to back

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
TacoTaco said:
Think this would work?

Since I dont have the green for a full Deaver/Donahoe kit right now, I was thinking of getting just the rear Deaver leaf's for the rear, and slapping in the 3" cornfed Ive got sitting in my garage up front. Think this will work untill Ive got enough cash for the coilovers? If the ass would be up too high, I could just make the Cornfed a 2.5" by taking off the gasket..... Any thoughts.....

Oh, and Ive also got some Rancho RS5000's that came with the Cornfed... Will they work with the Deavers?
Sure it would work... But if you think it's gonna be ass-high with 3" of lift up front, why would you lower the front to 2.5" (I'm not sure you can even do that by simply removing whatever gasket you're talking about). If it's ass-high with 3" up front, it'd be ass-higher with 2.5".

I've never run the RS5000's, but from what I hear they're very harsh/stiff shocks. Seems kinda pointless to get nice, soft Deaver springs and slap on some of the harshest shocks available. Of course, it's your truck. Do what you wanna do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
synovus said:
Sure it would work... But if you think it's gonna be ass-high with 3" of lift up front, why would you lower the front to 2.5" (I'm not sure you can even do that by simply removing whatever gasket you're talking about). If it's ass-high with 3" up front, it'd be ass-higher with 2.5".

I've never run the RS5000's, but from what I hear they're very harsh/stiff shocks. Seems kinda pointless to get nice, soft Deaver springs and slap on some of the harshest shocks available. Of course, it's your truck. Do what you wanna do.

I had that ass backwards... I dont want to be nose high....Taking out the rubber gasket will lower the lift to 2.5"(goes between the spacer and the spring for 3"

Probably right about the rancho's though...I just hate not using brand new shocks, but like you said, why get the deavers if the shocks wont compliment them well?

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
TacoTaco said:
I had that ass backwards... I dont want to be nose high....Taking out the rubber gasket will lower the lift to 2.5"(goes between the spacer and the spring for 3"

Probably right about the rancho's though...I just hate not using brand new shocks, but like you said, why get the deavers if the shocks wont compliment them well?
I see what you're saying. I dunno if I'd recommend ditching the rubber isolator, though. It's there for a reason. With the 3" spacers up front and the Deaver leaf packs in the rear, your truck will most likely sit pretty much level, or even a tad ass-high at first.

As far as the Rancho's, you could always sell 'em. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts