TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading all the forums on intakes and yes it is true that a "cold air intake" really does not take in cold air at all. Now I have also read about the new thing that I have never heard about called a "Deckplate Mod" I have tried to look into it and have gotten nothing on it...can someone tell me who sells them...where can I find one...and what to stay away from as far as intakes?

·
Registered
401 Posts
its been proved a coupla times that a deck plate only takes in more hot air too.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have been reading all the forums on intakes and yes it is true that a "cold air intake" really does not take in cold air at all. Now I have also read about the new thing that I have never heard about called a "Deckplate Mod" I have tried to look into it and have gotten nothing on it...can someone tell me who sells them...where can I find one...and what to stay away from as far as intakes?
Are you retarded? If you are I will cut you some slack, but there is no way that you searched.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The deckplate mod is not something you buy, its a modification you do to your current air box.

Search and look in the cheap tricks folder and you will find it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The deckplate mod is not something you buy QUOTE]

What do you mean it's not something you can buy? I've got one sitting in my garage that I ment to put on my old truck but I'll sell it for only $50. That seems fair, right? It's the entire kit, all you have to do is cut the hole and stick it in, simple as that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you retarded? If you are I will cut you some slack, but there is no way that you searched.
Well im not retarded so no ones asking for favors here...I just posed a question and like i stated I "tried" (keyword) to look it up and got "nothing" and I thank you 98Taco4X for clearing it up for me and letting me know its a modification to your original box...Spoony Love you stated that its been known to take in a lot of hot air...now my stock intake leading underneath my wheel well already...does anyone have an opinion on what might suit my 07' tacoma better?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here is what you should do. Remove the inner fender liner up in the wheel well. You will see the air intake tube that dead ends up there. Remove the long piece of it so only the 90 degree elbow section is left. Now you will be drawing cooler air from inside the fenderwell(which is essentially the outside air) This will give your engine cooler air, and a little more of it.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The deckplate mod is not something you buy QUOTE]

What do you mean it's not something you can buy? I've got one sitting in my garage that I ment to put on my old truck but I'll sell it for only $50. That seems fair, right? It's the entire kit, all you have to do is cut the hole and stick it in, simple as that.
no way dude. I'll sell him my whole air box with the kit pre-installed for 50$

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Well im not retarded so no ones asking for favors here...I just posed a question and like i stated I "tried" (keyword) to look it up and got "nothing"
Bullshit. If you are not retarded then quit your whining.

Deckplate turns up 20 pages of threads about this stupid gimmick- over 800 individual threads.

Search= deckplate

Now go back to n00bie "tech" before people get real nasty.

·
Registered
760 Posts

Deckplate turns up 20 pages of threads about this stupid gimmick- over 800 individual threads.

Search= deckplate

couldnt have said it better myself...

there are tests on the hotter air method of the deckplate mod.. and there are results of increased mpg or hp (very slight)

just search we dont need to tell you twice...:D good luck!!

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Search= deckplate

Now I dont know how well you can read but its seems to me a grade level lower than your age limitations...no whinning occurred - so thank you everyone that was helpful!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Wow.

You guys did a real fine job of flaming this kid...

And you are all wrong.

Read it again. He's got an '07.

There is no deck plate mod. I'm sure that you could search for years and not find a thing.

You fuckers owned your selves pretty bad there.

Now apologize for jumping on the kid and admit you were wrong.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Wow.

And you are all wrong.

There is no deck plate mod. I'm sure that you could search for years and not find a thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Wow.

And you are all wrong.

Don't post when you're drunk Frank. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts