TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
really worth doing it? i have a 2.7l really thinking about doing it..read up on it says it improves..but is it really worth it?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
really worth doing it? i have a 2.7l really thinking about doing it..read up on it says it improves..but is it really worth it?
ya... do it, doesn't hurt anything nor cost more then 10 bucks, and you do get some gains:driving:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks west..you help me out alot haha..every question i have you answer it..thanks i appreciate all the help man..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2.7 also, and actually took off and sold my FIPK after I experimented with the deckplate/stock airbox mod. My K&N was loud and sounded fast, but didn't really do much until I got the revs over 4000rpm's. With the deckplate open, I have a better powerband, get a little better gas mileage, and sounds good. It's most noticable for me on the highway, going uphill I don't have to downshift as often and have better passing ability. No reason not to do it, only cost a few dollars and if you don't like it just put the plate in and forget it.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
thanks west..you help me out alot haha..every question i have you answer it..thanks i appreciate all the help man..
TTORA is my only escape between classes... senior year of mechanical engineering...its a killer

and its a good bed time story sorta deal before ya go to sleep :lmao:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha well i did the deckplate mod today..took me 30 minutes or so..i want to put a screen up on it..so im gna find a way to put it on..i should have put in on while i put the deckplate on then trim away the rest..but i didnt have any and i already cut the hole..dont notice anything yet..im gna let it sit overnight..i used sensor safe but im still gna wait

·
Registered
756 Posts
no screen needed IMO. did mine about 4 months ago, airbox and filter are fine. if you plan on goin offroad, put the cap on. the amazing thing is, i don't know how you made it almost 24 hours without getting flamed from some of the keyboard commandos here for your deckplate mod post. good luck.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not new..and if you read that post it says yes and no..some like it some dont..whats it hurt to ask..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
uh oh..i dont think im the one thats gna get ripped now..watch out mike. haha SEARCH....go to the searh botton and click on deckplate mod...or bettery go up a few to what gsm put on..its the link..but i'll help you out too..a deckplate mod is where you cut a hole in yoru stock air box..you put a deckplate with is used for boats, in the place of the hole..you can seal it with the lid it comes with or leave it open..it supposed to increase hp and gas mileage, its def increased horsepower for me..not sure on gas yet..go to that thread..yah it can be done on 3.4l its easier cause the air box is flat

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine sits real close to the wipe fluid container..i can still get the cap on though..but it took me 30 minutes..gna put a little screen on just to be safe..but i do notice a different sound..better horsepower and response..and alittle on gas..so im happy with it..that 4" barely fit on my 2.7L alittle tuff to cut it out...kinda scary i didnt want to mess up..but i did it..

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pretty much..if you go up and read gsmsnuffys thread you'll see a link that explains it all..it actually works and isnt hard to do at all and cost 10 bucks..same thing as a cold air intake pretty much

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
i would use a screen if you live in an area with lots of critters who would love to make a home in the airbox. I have rats in my area and chose to put a screen on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts