TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing new here but just did a 4" Deckplate mod to my 95 Taco. Only took about 2 hours and then it was set up and ready to go. Letting the silicon dry overnight before putting it in my truck. Real easy. Let ya know on any changes tomorrow.

·
Registered
478 Posts
17Taco95 said:
Nothing new here but just did a 4" Deckplate mod to my 95 Taco. Only took about 2 hours and then it was set up and ready to go. Letting the silicon dry overnight before putting it in my truck. Real easy. Let ya know on any changes tomorrow.
It took you 2 hours...it took me 2o minutes and with the sensor safe silicone I just droped the air box in right away and drove the SOB!! BTW I think I get worse MPG but, the throttle responce and the sound are good enough for me!!

Eric

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
not a molly option......... on a taco intake box you can cut a 4" hole in the side of it and install a marine deckplate(google!) that you can open and close to let more air in. its cheap and gets the job done about the same as a cold air plus you can close it if youre puddle romping

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Opie011 said:
It took you 2 hours...it took me 2o minutes and with the sensor safe silicone I just droped the air box in right away and drove the SOB!! BTW I think I get worse MPG but, the throttle responce and the sound are good enough for me!!

Eric
20 minutes. All I got to say to that is you got the Dremmel down pat or used a drill. The dremmel took forever, getting right. The rest was easy.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
hole saw! find the right size and you are done with your hole 15 seconds later and its round....... no questions!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pictures never hurt....

You can close that hole with the supplied deckplate lid.

All air/water tight. Awesome lil mod for 3.4L owners.

·
Registered
478 Posts
tacotoy said:
not a molly option......... on a taco intake box you can cut a 4" hole in the side of it and install a marine deckplate(google!) that you can open and close to let more air in. its cheap and gets the job done about the same as a cold air plus you can close it if youre puddle romping
Damn Rich I thought you knew a lot...not a 4" hole, you cut a 4.5" hole in the box.

If anybody is around the Arvada/Golden area...50th and Ward has a shop called Best Marine(or something like that) on the east side down the road aways. They're stocked all the time!!

Eric

·
Registered
478 Posts
Poopshute said:
Pictures never hurt....

You can close that hole with the supplied deckplate lid.

All air/water tight. Awesome lil mod for 3.4L owners.
Pictures never hurt and neither does a good search!! :D

Eric

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
lol uh i skipped the deckplate option......... i just have a cone on a bent peice of aluminum..... otherwise known as an injen intake. i need to get a new cone pretty soon though. and im tired of the injen one lol. all they are good for is noisy intake tubes lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
tacotoy said:
lol uh i skipped the deckplate option......... i just have a cone on a bent peice of aluminum..... otherwise known as an injen intake. i need to get a new cone pretty soon though. and im tired of the injen one lol. all they are good for is noisy intake tubes lol
I take it you don't do many deep water crossings? The main purpose of the deckplate was to utilize the stock air box's "water tightness". But, if you don't do much swimming with your truck then it's all gravy train.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Opie011 said:
Damn Rich I thought you knew a lot...not a 4" hole, you cut a 4.5" hole in the box.

If anybody is around the Arvada/Golden area...50th and Ward has a shop called Best Marine(or something like that) on the east side down the road aways. They're stocked all the time!!

Eric
i'm not near there.... any other southern denver areas?

btw - molly, there are other options for the 3.slow. like removing 1/2 of it =)

·
Registered
478 Posts
crappled said:
i'm not near there.... any other southern denver areas?

btw - molly, there are other options for the 3.slow. like removing 1/2 of it =)
I dont know much of the southern areas. I-76 and Federal there is a huge marine shop called "Sterling Marine" if that helps. Or you can just order online!!

Eric

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I like the screen thing on the deckplate opening. I did the deckplate mod early on on my taco. Now I'm running a volant intake setup. Works pretty nice, it's louder than just the deck plate too....mmmmmm...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts