TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little vacuum valves that move the actuator in the front diff for the ADD system are dead and I am not going to replace them - too much $$.

So that leaves me with needing to work around that system to have 4wd in my T100 again.

There is a good write up on doing this out there where you pull the actuator and use a CV boot clamp to fix the fork to the actuated side, manually slide the sleeve over and then bolt it back up.

Can I just pull the existing vacuum lines that go through the valves, put a vacuum on the passenger side to slide the fork over and then leave it? Ideally I'd like to get this done with the least amount of effort as I am in process of selling the truck. Don't want to half ass it though and screw the next guy.

·
20,355 Posts
If you are selling it and don't want to screw over the next guy why not leave it as is and tell the buyer what the problem is?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ike - Good question. In my opinion its a lot easier to sell a truck when it doesn't have a laundry list of issues attached to it. Any repair I undertake will be one that I would be comfortable with if I were to keep it. I may actually keep it for a bit longer. It's paid for and I don't have to have a different vehicle right now. Planning for a kid in the near future though so was wanting to get it to the point where it's ready to sell when the right replacement truck comes around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts