TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
If Im the granddaddy Jack is the great granddaddy. He's been here longer than i. Sammy has also been here longer than I.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
1. For the guys that were around when we were on Delphi, what year did you join GATTORA?

2. If you recall the month post that too.

3. Who was president when you joined?

4. How did you discover GATTORA?

5. Do you remember your first event? Whether it was wheeling or meet and greet or even an unofficial run, what was your first f2f with GATTORA?

Sorry if this is a repost, I dont feel like digging through all the folders for something I may have seen on the NB.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
1. 2000
2. May or June (right before I got my truck)
3. Bryant Summerour
4. Yahoo
5. Rich Mtn April '01 w/ Justin Breedlove and Ben Roussel and maybe 1 other truck?
then the Rich Mtn. Rally (when was that?) and then I wasn't consistently active until early 2005.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
hehehe... my high school sweetheart was Rick Weed's cousin, so back in '03-'04 I knew about ttora.... but we weren't old enough (17-18) to go to the meet and greet the old club had at Dave and Busters. :rofl: and it seems that some sick twist of fate has brought me back :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

3.have no clue

4. searching the web and drooling over tacozilla with a 6in trailmaster lift

5. First ride was at amicola fall with James in the little green taco, sammy, danial , and i dont know who else in march of 2003. i acually have alot of pics from that ride on a disc somewhere if anyone wants to see them.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Joined in 2002 after I bought my sliver x/c taco
preident had a green taco on 35" xterrains. Name??????
Found TTORA on the web searching about tacomas
1st meet was at a Hooters in Gwinnet somewhere
1st ride was Rich Mtn or Amicolla falls with James(stock taco),Sammy, the dude that had the supercharged trd that left the country, and Ron(still around but dosen't post much.

·
Registered
429 Posts
1. I want to say late 1999 or early 2000.

3. Bryant Summerour

4. Search engine..believe it was yahoo

5. I believe my first trail ride was with TN ttora. I went wheeling with Bad Brad, Jon(TNtaco) and Kenny(Flamed Taco)..Anybody remember that guy? Silver Taco with purple flames :)

My first meet and greet was a wrench-a-thon. Can't remember who all was there but I remember Jon(TNTaco), Jack and Ben Rousell being there. We installed spacer lifts on mine and Ben's Taco.

My first official GA TTora run was at Amicola Falls/Anderson Creek. I believe Phil, James, Dave and Jeffro were in attendance.

Daniel, the green taco on Xterrains was Anthony. He recently moved back to GA after moving away to Maryland. If you are talking about the Silver Quad Cab supercharged Taco that was Norman.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I remember delphi, that's about it. I joined the club in (I think in) 2002 to get a discount on parts from a vendor at the time.

Jocks and Jills in 05.
Telico fall of 04.

I saw Norman a few months ago managing his discount tire and his back is still hurting him.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I guess I've been around for many years - started with the GA Cruisers in early 97 - wheeled with TTORA guys for about 5 years before being labeled the "mad_african", I've forgotten what my old screen name was on Delphi - probably cuz I'm old - LOL I believe there were a few of you like James, Bryant, Sammy & Tom Banse around at the inception of the Georgia Chapter.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
well i joined early '06 and i dont remember them at all other than a lot of people talking about it. when did we switch over from delphi?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
well i joined early '06 and i dont remember them at all other than a lot of people talking about it. when did we switch over from delphi?
Dec 04 is when we switched and I was the prez when you joined.

Bryant had just handed over the reigns to James when I joined in '03. I found this site via a buddy(cmaytrd) of mine that had a Taco at the time too.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sammy- I'm talkng about the guy that was in the military. He had a silver extended cab with an OME lift.

And I can't for the life of me figure out why Anthony's name
always escapes me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Daniel-

that would be Ari. Completely forgot about that guy. He is living in IL (or was) with two kiddos. He sent me an email awhile back.

I saw Anthony a few week ago. He works for a buddy of mine

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
didnt join in the delphi days but....

1. April 06

2. sausage fingers

3. found it googling for info about fabtech lifts - ended up with saws instead

4. seto 2006 at tellico

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I joined TTORA in 2000 didn't get to the GA chapter till 2002.
When I got the GA chapter Anthony Seneveny was chapter prez.
President's in order.
Bryant Summerour Chapter founder
Anthony Seneveny
James Shepherd "KING JAMES"
Kyle Roach " Sausage Fingers"
Colin McGahee "Got Cope"

We switched from Delphi in 2004 right before I handed things to Kyle.

My first ride was the First ever SETTORA takeover, I don't remember what year it was but I believe it was Oct 2002 Jack my remember, he had the roof top tents. We had it at Tellico and members from the GA,TN and Al chapters where there. There was a big deal between all us and the NC chapter about having it at Tellico. They didn't want to be included in the SETTORA and didn't want it to be held at Tellico because they thought just cause in was in their state it was off limits. (We where a bunch of unruly guys back then. we are tame to what we use to be.)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I hooked up w/Jack (go figure) Fall'05 for some wheels via the site but didn't join till Spring '06 when I bought Smokey. Learned about Allpoo TO, attended and was hooked! I've had a blast & met a ton of great people along the way.

That's funny, Tellico ... off limits ...

·
Registered
100 Posts
1. 2000
2. May or June (right before I got my truck)
3. Bryant Summerour
4. Yahoo
5. Rich Mtn April '01 w/ Justin Breedlove and Ben Roussel and maybe 1 other truck?
then the Rich Mtn. Rally (when was that?) and then I wasn't consistently active until early 2005.
Bryant Summerour? As in used to work for Clayton Fire, with Egleston now (I think)?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hooked up w/Jack (go figure) Fall'05 for some wheels via the site but didn't join till Spring '06 when I bought Smokey. Learned about Allpoo TO, attended and was hooked! I've had a blast & met a ton of great people along the way.

That's funny, Tellico ... off limits ...
I guess we met at the AP ride for the first time. I do remember Smokey being there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
18 Participants
John Ward
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing