TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new site looks great. One concern I have is that all the info on the Delphi forum will be lost when it is closed. There are a lot of good tech articles and information contained in that forum. Can it be left open for reading only?

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
timberwolf said:
The new site looks great. One concern I have is that all the info on the Delphi forum will be lost when it is closed. There are a lot of good tech articles and information contained in that forum. Can it be left open for reading only?
The plan is to try to archive the more technical post, but this may take a while. The Delphi board will remain "Read Only" until the info is archived.

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
timberwolf said:
Are you volunteering to pull the stuff over? Let us know if you are

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
timberwolf said:

I think most the technical stuff is in the minds of the members and not on some harddrive somewhere.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
timberwolf said:
This will certainly be a massive undertaking. Will likely take a team of people a long time to sort through everything and summarize the best posts into an article/post that will touch as many bases as possible.

In the mean time I'm sure we'll have to answer a lot of the same questions all over again until we get this new format populated with a lot of info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
The plan is to try to archive the more technical post, but this may take a while. The Delphi board will remain "Read Only" until the info is archived.
If you find something that needs to be retained and it's appropriate for the FAQ, let me know and I'll incorporate it into the new/expanded FAQ!

Paul
TTORA FAQ Administrator

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
ShowStop said:
Doesn't matter...you will still get the same idiots posting the n00b questions without searching. Same shit, different board. :banghead:
There was this really cool web searching site I used to use, google or something, but I lost the URL, do you know what it is?

Later,
....Mike

·
Administrator
18,281 Posts
Mike said:
There was this really cool web searching site I used to use, google or something, but I lost the URL, do you know what it is?

Later,
....Mike
This board has the redeeming feature of stickys...which are really cool, but you still have to get the idiots to read them before they post. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maverick said:
Are you volunteering to pull the stuff over? Let us know if you are
Just asking if it will be kept open for searches until it can be pulled over. I'm sure you guys are taking some complaints over the new format, but don't interpret this as one. If you need help, sure.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
timberwolf said:
Just asking if it will be kept open for searches until it can be pulled over. I'm sure you guys are taking some complaints over the new format, but don't interpret this as one. If you need help, sure.
There was some talk awhile back about creating an automated way to move everything over here. Maybe Bob will chime in, but there were some significant difficulties getting stuff from Delphi.

Later,
....Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts